For the Plats: Check-in After Midnight

Old Dec 9, 17, 3:50 pm

Programs: SPG Plat; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; QR Gold
It's more like 'late arrival' than 'early check-in'.

i would not chance it.
Old Dec 9, 17, 10:04 pm

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, MU Pt
Some hotels offer early arrive as a paid benefit. A small fee and it's guaranteed for those early arrival red eye flights. The fees are often cheaper than a full night. Again for 1 am that's too early, but it was 5-6 am I would call the hotel and ask if they offer this. Some do.
Old Dec 9, 17, 10:50 pm

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by zzap View Post
I have a similar issue coming up in Beijing, although not as extreme as JCFans -- my flight arrives at PEK at 05:00 and I will probably arrive at the W Beijing Chang'an at around 07:30.

I expect I will be totally knackered flying the red eye from Australia so I'd like to check in and go to sleep straight away -- should I be booking the night before, too?
You are more likely to arrive at W Beijing after 8 am. It is not big issue to check in at that time.
Old Dec 10, 17, 7:08 pm
SPG Contributor Badge 2018 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Carson Concierge, Hyatt Dmnd, Hilton Gold, PP
Originally Posted by CPRich View Post
I seem to recall a policy that you could do Your24 starting at 9am and get a late/4pm checkout, if you were PLT75. So that seems to be the earliest possible for elite members. 1-2 am is way, way early.
Nope; I've done a Your24 around 3 times at the Sheraton Lima, from 2am-2am (landed at 1am, left at 10pm the same day) for MRs, and was approved each time as a one-day stay.

Of course, that was contingent upon Your24 being approved - if not, then you'd need that extra night!

Search this Thread