Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Amex Can edition

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2017, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

SPG Amex Can edition

Does it matter when you reach the $30K spend to qualify for the SPG Gold status? For example, my anniversary date is end of July. If I meet the $30K spend in Feb, when will my SPG Gold status last? Should I defer meeting the $30K spend in order to maximize the Gold status validity? Does Marriott Gold expire the same time as SPG Gold once they are linked?
Old Dec 2, 2017, 7:58 pm
formerly BackSlash3

Programs: AC P25, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond AMB
Originally Posted by canadianidol
Does it matter when you reach the $30K spend to qualify for the SPG Gold status? For example, my anniversary date is end of July. If I meet the $30K spend in Feb, when will my SPG Gold status last? Should I defer meeting the $30K spend in order to maximize the Gold status validity? Does Marriott Gold expire the same time as SPG Gold once they are linked?
Amex sends the information to SPG at the closing of your monthly statement. Starwood has a fixed status period, so if you earn status on your December 2017 statement you’ll keep your status until the end of February 2019, if you earn it on your January statement then it should expire in 2020, but if you expect to keep hitting the $30k threshold each year then it’s irrelevant. I don’t know when Marriott’s status year end is but since they’re lining up the two programs, I expect it expired at the same time.

The only thing I’ve found that’s time sensitive is the free weekend night at $40k. You have 12 months to use it from the statement when you earned it so earning it closer to your anniversary date makes it more likely that you’ll have 2 (2017 and 2018) to be able to use together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.