Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Confused: I thought the Athens King George and Grande Bretagne were Starwood owned?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confused: I thought the Athens King George and Grande Bretagne were Starwood owned?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:54 am

The hotels ownership is usually on the bottom of you final bill. As for assessing the quality of a hotel then usually SPG reviews are a true reflection of a hotels quality and service as they are open to all guests, backed up by Tripadvisor, so long as you discount the people with an axe to grind. Marriott reviews are by invitation only so reflect Marriott's view rather than the views of its customers.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by brianandlin
The hotels ownership is usually on the bottom of you final bill. As for assessing the quality of a hotel then usually SPG reviews are a true reflection of a hotels quality and service as they are open to all guests, backed up by Tripadvisor, so long as you discount the people with an axe to grind. Marriott reviews are by invitation only so reflect Marriott's view rather than the views of its customers.
As I said before, I want to know the hotel's ownership before arrival and in fact before choosing a hotel. I find that knowing the hotel's ownership can sometimes give me additional information beyond FT reviews, plus I don't put any weight on TripAdvisor or waste time reading their reviews. It's especially helpful in assessing new hotels.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by david55
Perhaps not book it. I would want to know the owners mostly for political correctness reasons. ie.. I would never stay at a Trump owned hotel....or whose owner is known to discriminate against gays or minorities.
So that's the rub. Few, if any, Trump Hotels are owned by Trump. And you'd have to do some digging to find out which is which.

As for ownership known to discriminate against gays, I can think of a couple of entire chains to strike off your list.

Cheers,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.