Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone use Cash & Points anymore?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2018, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Same here : booked for a 3 night summer break at a Mediterranean Cat 5 on C&P.

6,000 + USD110 is very attractive, compared with 16,000, or a revenue rate of EUR430 per night.
I just made the same booking for 3 nights at LM Fisherman's Cove. The going rate was slightly lower (EUR 355). Even before the Mastercard promo, I still find this to be a relatively high value redemption.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 1:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Southwest AL CP, Hyatt Globalist
I have used C&P in the past, when it was advantageous to do so. I still always check for it when reserving rooms.

The larger question here is the lack of properties that populate the C&P field on the reservation screen. Some properties are diligent in this regard (St. Regis NYC, Gritti Palace, Westin San Antonio and Westin Memphis), while most simply don’t bother.
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by schley
50% off rack rate, if available works at expensive hotels and suites, especially during high season. Not sure your question.
oh, I know what it is...I used to get them as paper certs. didn’t realize it was still available! are you using it as a code when you book? Or do you get a certificate?
Old Mar 27, 2018, 7:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by karenkay
didn’t realize it was still available! are you using it as a code when you book? Or do you get a certificate?
You can "buy" one for 1,000 points.
karenkay likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
You can "buy" one for 1,000 points.
thanks, had no idea this was still a thing. found them to be quite helpful for high end properties in the past...are they capacity controlled (or limited in some way)?

Last edited by karenkay; Mar 28, 2018 at 5:05 am
Old Mar 28, 2018, 2:20 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by karenkay
thanks, had no idea this was still a thing. found them to be quite helpful for high end properties in the past...are they capacity controlled?
They're not always available, but I find them more often available than not (more often they're not good value). I really need to make more use of these - generally I think it's worth asking for any property over $500, or which is in a peak season (i.e. $150+ over a cheap rate).
karenkay likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.