Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Accidentally booked a room on my iPhone X at a rate with no cancellation

Accidentally booked a room on my iPhone X at a rate with no cancellation

Old Nov 9, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by atxtraveler
I was unable to reproduce the error on my jitterbug. I did however have to pull over my Toyota Corolla to make sure.
I literally laughed out loud at this, however, I needed to be careful not to disturb the guests in the rooms adjacent to my ocean view room at the Mauna Kea Resort, so I kept it down...
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
One could turn that around into : "I've never heard of any other hotel or airline booking app that uses the label 'SUBMIT' to commit to a booking".
That may be, but in the IT world, I suggest that "submit" means send whatever you happen to be working on at the time to the computer for processing. If you've selected a non-refundable rate,.... But really, -- what else could "submit" mean in that context, where you've selected a rate on the screen?

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
IMHO it's bad UX, and needs fixing.
A different question, IMO. I can't see spending that kind of money for a new iPhone at this point; I have a 6S, which meets my needs. I have friends who have the new one, though; and they report a number of things that I would consider counter-intuitive. I just don't think that this is one of them.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 1:06 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Just screwed myself as well. Instead of going to the home screen I ended up booking a room.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 3:10 am

They could do what IHG do on their app, and make it a sliding button instead of a single press. That makes it a much more deliberate action and not prone to accidental presses.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 7:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
I literally laughed out loud at this, however, I needed to be careful not to disturb the guests in the rooms adjacent to my ocean view room at the Mauna Kea Resort, so I kept it down...
I avoid that problem simply by booking an entire house and private beach for nights I'm not spending on my yacht.
emrdoc likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.