Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Group booking

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

SPG Group booking

Wonder if anyone can help please regarding multiple bookings. I’m a guest staying and paying for a total of 4 rooms, I gather I can earn points on 3 of them, I wondered, will each booking also count as “eligible nights”? Each booking is a stay of 12 nights so will that post as 36 nights stay on my account?

If so then I might just make it onto the platinum status challenge...

Many thanks
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

as long as Eligible Rate

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer....html#2_1_a_ii

An SPG Member may only earn Starpoints, Eligible Nights and Eligible Stays for up to three guest rooms during any Stay if he/she stays in one of the reserved guest rooms and pays an Eligible Rate or redeems an SPG Award or an SPG Promotion Reward for all of the guest rooms.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by Milliemorris
Wonder if anyone can help please regarding multiple bookings. I’m a guest staying and paying for a total of 4 rooms, I gather I can earn points on 3 of them, I wondered, will each booking also count as “eligible nights”? Each booking is a stay of 12 nights so will that post as 36 nights stay on my account?

If so then I might just make it onto the platinum status challenge...

Many thanks
First, double check, but I don't believe the other rooms will count for the challenge, only the room you stay in will count. Challenges have their own set of rules.

Second, 12 nights is a good chunk of nights. Is there anyone in the party that is a member or wants to be a member? Split the rez with them so they get the credit. Even if it won't bump them in status, it could be helpful otherwise.

Also, if you wish to maximize your points, ask them to transfer all the charges to your room folio (especially for the fourth room) so you at least get the points.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 2:12 pm

Just a point of clarification: Four rooms does not constitute a group. For most hotels, a group is 10 or more rooms.

I only mention this in case you end up asking someone at SPG or the hotel to verify the rules. If they hear the term "group", you may get incorrect answers because the rules are different. Just avoid using that term for this situation.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. On another post ref the challenge some seem to think all rooms would count as nights but others don’t, perhaps I’ll just have to wait and see

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.