Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Favorite Bed - St. Regis, LC, Westin, Sheraton, W?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle

In order to maybe utilize the 40% off offer for SPG 50 nights benefit I'm thinking of buying a bed. The prices are STEEP IMO, but I guess what do you expect from high end hotel beds available commercially.

This benefit is for the Mattress and Boxspring only! 40% off the standard price. Here is what I have found price wise for a standard King.

Westin - $2,395 (although they have a store 500 dollar off promo now that can't be combined).
W - $2,120
St. Regis - $3,995
Sheraton - $2,295 (although they have 30% off promo now that can't be combined).
Luxury Collection - $3,995

So for a standard king with a boxspring taking advantage of this promo you get the following:

Westin - $1,437
W - $1,272
St. Regis - $2,397 back down to a realistic price!!!!
Sheraton - $1,377
LC - $2,397

Of course the bedding etc is roughly twice the retail price so this is certainly a luxury item! What are people's thoughts on these values? I like the LC then Westin probably, but open to thoughts. The Sheraton isn't doesn't seem in the same ballpark IMO and the W isn't my favorite I can say. Thus, we have the three most expensive....haha... funny how that works.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:32 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Westin hands down... but where are you buying it? Prices vary by country. Mine is from the WGS. For USD 1793 I got the box spring and mattress, duvet and two of each type of pillow, two each of duvet covers, top sheets, fitted sheets and 8 pillow cases.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Westin hands down... but where are you buying it? Prices vary by country. Mine is from the WGS. For USD 1793 I got the box spring and mattress, duvet and two of each type of pillow, two each of duvet covers, top sheets, fitted sheets and 8 pillow cases.
Well you are yosithezet!!!!!! So not surprised at your great value.

The 40% off code that comes with you selecting it as your SPG50 plat gift says at the online store for each hotel chain bed.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:27 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by schley
Well you are yosithezet!!!!!! So not surprised at your great value.

The 40% off code that comes with you selecting it as your SPG50 plat gift says at the online store for each hotel chain bed.
Where do those stores ship?
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Where do those stores ship?
example Westin store

What countries do you ship to?

We currently offer shipping to most International destinations.
How are shipping costs calculated?

When shipping to a destination outside of the continental United States, delivery rates are calculated based on the actual shipping address and will vary. You will be presented with expedited and economy delivery options. You will be contacted if additional shipping costs will be charged for remote locations.
What is the difference between your global sites?

The Westin Store™ has locations in the United States, Canada & Europe to better serve our guests. The global sites are separate sites and are presented in several language options. Product selections and sizes will also vary on the global sites.

Special Notes: When shipping to Canada, the Westin Store™ Canada site will provide you with your best shipping options and rates.
Duties & Taxes

All duties and taxes are the responsibility of the recipient and will be assessed upon delivery.
Please note that all prices listed on this site are in US dollars.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.