Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Best Luxury Collection hotel in the world -- what are your favorites?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 30, 2019, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: helvetic
Other threads:
- W: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1873459-best-w-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Le Méridien: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874601-favorite-le-meridien-property-worldwide.html
- St. Regis: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1873977-favorite-st-regis-worldwide.html
- Luxury Collection: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874737-best-luxury-collection-hotel-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Tribute Portfolio: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874739-best-tribute-portfolio-hotel-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Four Points: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874857-best-four-points-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Westin: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874858-best-westin-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Sheraton: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874860-best-sheraton-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Design Hotels: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1874863-best-design-hotel-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Aloft: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1874918-best-aloft-world-what-your-favorites.html
- Renaissance: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1963254-best-renaissance-world-what-your-favorites.html
Print Wikipost

Best Luxury Collection hotel in the world -- what are your favorites?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:51 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott - Platinum/LTG | KF *G QPPS (working on TPPS) | OZ - Diamond Plus
Reading this has made me super excited about my upcoming stays at the Prince Gallery and SGS.
flapland likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:36 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by unclepants
Three absolute standouts for me:

1) Sheraton Grande Sukhumvhit. We visited in the summer of 2015 and my children and spouse talk about it with excitement to this day.
2) Tambo Del Inka: an amazing and unique venue, with large, comfortable rooms and stellar service.
3) Palacio Del Inka: perhaps the most interesting building I've ever stayed in, anywhere. Superb service and location, too.
I second for Tambo Del Inka and Palacio Del Inka. Stayed at both properties last year while we were in Peru. My mom also loved Hotel Paracas but me not so much due to the front desk staff.
unclepants likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Metropole, Belgrade - another vote from me for a great hotel that's even better for Plats
Hotel Fürstenhof Leipzig. Overlooked but really great, genuinely boutique armosphere
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
The Chatwal: Used to get to stay here a lot when I worked for a different company. Loved everything about it. The old time music in the bar really was a time machine. Plus, I once got to ride in the elevator from 10 to 1 with Christina Hendricks. http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0376716/
Liberty, Boston: Received the top suite (Ebersol) once. Among my best upgrades ever, and my wife happened to be with me as part of a stay-cation.
Maria Christina: Had a great suite. Really classic.
US Grant: Very cool, great location
Park Tower: Always had a love hate relationship. When I got a nice room and it was ready (love). When they were stingy about upgrades (hate). There are extensive threads about upgrade challenges here. They definitely sell a lot of premium space here outright, but there were a number of situations where front desk staff disclosed that they were limited in what they could provide for upgrades due to house rules. Haven't stayed there in a while, so don't know current policy.
Palace, SF: For a time (maybe still) they were jerks about Plat recognition. As such, I have never returned despite a grand hard product.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 1:48 pm
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
We love the Luxury Collection- and we have had many of our most memorable stays at Luxury Collection Hotels .

(I am actually writing this from our Suite at the Danieli)

3 of our best upgrades ever were at Luxury Collection Hotels

Danieli (Royal Suite 2007)
We love the Danieli and have visited many times in the last 14 years. We have always been upgraded and received excellent service. In 2007 they upgraded us to the most amazing room we have ever had for our 30th anniversary.

Suiran (Presidential Suite 2016)
We were blown away by the outstanding service and gorgeous room at the Suiran. This tied for 1st as our favorite hotel stay ever. We can’t wait to return.

US Grant (Presidential Suite 3 times over the years- we are locals and this is one of our favorite Staycation spots- especially back when we had season tickets to the opera). The US Grant has always treated us well.

We have also had stellar experiences at:

Park Tower Knightsbridge
Just finished a 7 night stay there last week- we were upgraded to a spacious 2 Bath Suite - Concierge staff was wonderful and really helped us out by securing tickets to see Ian McKellen in King Lear in Chichester- a once in a lifetime play.

Prince de Galles
All 3 of our visits here were wonderful - we were always upgraded to a lovely suite.

Gritti Palace
We were very impressed with Gritti Palace, the service was outstanding and we loved dining on the terrace.
Our room was very nice though we missed our Danieli views.

SLS Beverly Hills
Rooms were always a little “too cool for school” but we have had a great time every time we stayed there- always combined with a fantastic dinner at SAAM. We enjoy Starck’s
aesthetic- (also very present at Palazzina G where we had drinks yesterday.) His whimsical touch works better for us in a bar though than in a room where comfort and function are paramount.

Schloss Fuschl
We loved our stay at this gorgeous property and are excited to return again this spring- I remember the buffet breakfast as one of my favorite ever. And the views are unbelievable.

Our 2 fails:

Goldener Hirsch
This stay and our stay at the Imperial prove the point that your experience at a particular hotel can be made or ruined by your room assignment. Our room at the GH was tired and old. We were really surprised after hearing good things about the property.

Imperial
This was one of our most disappointing stays. We had heard such wonderful things about the Imperial and I’m sure there are gorgeous rooms there. We didn’t get one And I am still mad at myself for not requesting a change. Our room was small and cramped and uncomfortable. The only upside for us (which could have been a detriment for many) was that our room looked right into the Musikverein and we could hear the musicians practicing. Of course the location (like so many Luxury Collection properties) was phenomenal.

Sadly Missed:

The Pulitzer Amsterdam
We had such a fantastic stay at the Pulitzer and were so sad to see it leave SPG.

Upcoming

Canyon Suites Jan 2018

Schloss Fuschl May 2018 ( return)

President Wilson May 2018

Prince de Galles October 2018 (return)

Grande Bretagne October 2018

Blue Palace October 2018

Mystique October 2018

On our list

Las Alcobas Napa

Hotel Alfonso Seville
SanDiego1K and bhrubin like this.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:13 pm

Programs: *wood Plat, FB Plat
Sheraton Grande Laguna (no more Starwood) was amazing. We were upgraded to a nice Lagoon Villa. Service was great, and every morning they would leave croissants in front of the door. Also they were offering breakfast to Plat long before it became the rule.

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit is becoming a bit old now but was also for a while one the best stay for Plats (free drinks, best breakfast) and has one of the nicest pool in BKK.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Hotel Bristol Warsaw is my favorite - superb value, loved the building, excellent common areas

The Royal Hawaiian is a close second - loved on the beach location, gorgeous Diamond Head view and the pink umbrellas.

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit - everything is flawless though the rooms aren't my style, they are comfortable.

Definitely miss;

Hotel Pulitzer and Hotel Kamp
yurtripper likes this.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I agree with many of the mentions here notably:

The Andaman
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit
Tambo del Inka
Convento de Espinheiro
Laguna Resort

A few that haven't been mentioned but I loved are:

The Phoenician
Sheraton Grand Salzburg
Hotel des Indes

I've stayed at the Chatwal and was upgraded to a suite using SNA. Not sure why others think it stands out so much.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Of the hotels I have stayed at, the following two stand out as the overall best experiences based on hotel, service, location, etc.:

Grande Bretagne
Marques de Riscal

I've had pleasant stays at the Blue Palace, Mystique, Pine Cliffs Ocean Suites, Palace Hotel, Bristol Warsaw, etc. etc. but none come close to the other two properties.

The US properties of the LC portfolio that I have stayed at have all been good with the Liberty in Boston probably being the best. I loved the US Grant from a property perspective but I probably slept the least there of any hotel I have ever stayed at due to absolutely horrible window soundproofing.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The Phoenician is huge and mostly in a big ugly modern building. It's one of the resorts near Scottsdale where you really need a car to get off the grounds. OTOH, it does have that amazing huge iconic swimming pool. My advice would be to go there only if you stay in the Canyon Suites, which to me seems more like a LC property. You can take advantage of all the the Phoenician's facilities while staying at a much smaller and more elegant hotel within the hotel, which BTW has its own rather large pool plus a couple outdoor hot tubs with amazing views.
Old Nov 1, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb; AA EXP
Originally Posted by margarita girl

I've stayed at the Chatwal and was upgraded to a suite using SNA. Not sure why others think it stands out so much.
I admit that it took me a couple of stays before I really appreciated the hotel. To me, it is an extremely cool combination of modern/historic (I'm certain there's a term for this).
Old Nov 5, 2017, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by christianj
Of the hotels I have stayed at, the following two stand out as the overall best experiences based on hotel, service, location, etc.:

Grande Bretagne
Marques de Riscal
These are my top two as well.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 10:17 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, MR Plat, DM Silver, RR, AA, US, BA
Top 2:

Schloss Fuschl - Salzburg - Upgraded to Junior Suite with Lakeview. Awesome breakfast buffet. Beautiful location on a Lake in Mountains above Salzburg. Great Service.

Hotel Danieli - Venice - Upgraded to Room with Balcony overlooking Grand Canal on our Honeymoon. The room keys are cool with a tassel attached. Awesome breakfast buffet on patio overlooking canal. Great service
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:47 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I agree with many of the mentions here notably:

The Andaman
Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit
Tambo del Inka
Convento de Espinheiro
Laguna Resort

A few that haven't been mentioned but I loved are:

The Phoenician
Sheraton Grand Salzburg
Hotel des Indes

Im pretty sure that Sheraton Grand Salzburg is not under the LC portfolio.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:40 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
The Nines in Portland for me. Great service, comfortable rooms, a gorgeous central atrium lobby concept and a perfect location for touring the city.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.