Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum 75

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:01 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Four points per dollar is nice too.

But I don't feel any treatment difference between Platinum 50 or 75... we'll see about 100.

Some hotels are very proactive about giving benefits. Others always seem very reluctant or as if they're doing you some big favor. Hopefully having an ambassador will fix dealing with the front staff giving me the stink about some benefits.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
That may be; but I can tell you from my own experience that the hotels know if you are PLT 100. No idea about 75.
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I can also tell you I can't remember the last time I was thanked for being an Ambassador guest...happens 1x a year?
Originally Posted by supergabe
I've only had one stay where they commented on me being an Ambassador guest, and I can't pinpoint any special treatment versus being a normal Platinum.
I have been thanked for being P100 numerous times, the latest last week in Florida. I feel I have been treated better as P100 vs P50. I do not have any experience with P75 (I've either been P50 or P100). However, I can tell you for sure that reps at certain properties can absolutely tell if someone is P100 v Plat50 and in one case showed me their check-in roster which showed it. In fact, I provided a photo to my Ambassador which was then provided to properties and at certain hotels have been welcomed before even saying my name (for example in California).

So, we know for a fact that P100 is recognized. Whether that culminates into better treatment seems to be a ymmv sort of thing. I feel it is recognized although only of marginal benefit in the US. I find it is of excellent benefit Internationally.

As for P75 - having had no personal experience it would be hard to say. I'd imagine it would be all but irrelevant from a recognition perspective in the States but worth something Internationally. As for P75 benefits, I enjoy the extra Starpoint and also like the Your24 benefit which has saved me on a few occasions where an international flight arrives very early AM.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by yeunganson
I want to believe I have a slight leg-up against Plan 50 when I use Suite Night Awards. I believe (but not officially verified) who gets the upgrade have some factor to do with how you're paying (paid stay, cash & points, or points stay) and what status level. Plat 100 has an SPG ambassador calling the hotel for upgrades and Suite Night Award upgrades. Hotels probably yield to them.
From what William has said in the past, SNAs are automated and they clear based on when it was requested. I don't think Platinum level matters.

Originally Posted by SHLTP
I don't drink alcohol so it actually was disappointing to receive alcohol at almost every hotel when the whole point of an Ambassador was to know my personal preferences. I liked the cookies and candies but I would prefer to not get and be tempted. I'd rather have fruit. I am not sure too if the snacks were normal part of the hotel as I seem to get them a lot anyway.
Good grief, all I get are fruit baskets, and I would be happy to receive alcohol! I end up taking my fruit baskets out to the homeless people as I don't like fruit other than at breakfast which I get in the restaurant.

It got so bad, I asked my ambassador if there was something on my profile that said I wanted a fruit basket. She said no and asked what I'd like. I said bottle of wine and/or nuts. That was almost a year ago and I may have got 2 bottles of wine since then (on 100+ nights/yr). Fruit basket delivered today though! (Waiting for the eternal defender to tell me it's my fault for not saying what I want. LOL)
Old Oct 25, 2017, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Thank you s_yvr and platbrownguy for pointing out December 15 cut off. With this new information, I don't need to do anything because I already have enough reservations to make Plat 75 and just change one reservation in January to take advantage of free night at Marriott.

yeunganson your feedback regarding success rate with Suite Upgrades certificates are also valuable.

Now will cross my finger and see what the Marriott and SPG member will do to Plat 75 benefits.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
SGS gives each PLT 100 guest a personal note from the GM on checkin which specifically references ambassador status.
I do too with them, but SGS should almost be exempt from this conversation since they take customer service to a new level rarely seen across SPG!
Old Oct 25, 2017, 9:17 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Plat 75 here. I am always welcomed as a "plat 75" whenever I call the Plat Line and I appreciate the 4th extra point which has worked out to about 8,000 additional star points based on my spend pattern to date for the year.

I've not noticed a major difference at the front desks, although occasionally (a few times a year out of 20+ stays) i get an amenity such as a half bottle of wine or a nut / fruit tray which turns up in the room. It's so intermittent though so it's nothing you can count on. As a Hyatt Diamond, there used to me many more amenities like this on a regular basis as a comparison point.

I find Your24 totally useless at resort properties (always declined) but it seems to work almost all the time at city properties. The rub is that you can request a 2 PM check in with a 2 PM depart and it will be declined in advance, then when you check in, they give you the room at 1 PM. I haven't had many requests outside the core hours since I usually am on the road by 6 PM.

There does not appear to be much difference in the upgrade pattern since most hotels are full these days (stay history in Canada, West Coast USA, NYC and Asia Pacific Islands of Hawaii, French Polynesia)

If you're only a few nights away from it I would probably go for it. I will end the year at 55 Nights to date so won't make a run for Plat 75 again. Make sure that any promotional credits actually qualify.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 10:57 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by margarita girl
Good grief, all I get are fruit baskets, and I would be happy to receive alcohol! I end up taking my fruit baskets out to the homeless people as I don't like fruit other than at breakfast which I get in the restaurant.

It got so bad, I asked my ambassador if there was something on my profile that said I wanted a fruit basket. She said no and asked what I'd like. I said bottle of wine and/or nuts. That was almost a year ago and I may have got 2 bottles of wine since then (on 100+ nights/yr). Fruit basket delivered today though! (Waiting for the eternal defender to tell me it's my fault for not saying what I want. LOL)
Eternal Defender here as requested. Sorry I'm late to the party.

You shared your preference. You aren't getting it. You did your part. Hotels aren't executing...or your Ambassador didn't update your profile. The fact that you have had a few bottles of wine since sharing suggests that your Ambassador did her job but the hotels simply aren't executing it.

My Ambassador is amazing...and I still get a wild array of welcome gifts. My favorites are chocolate covered strawberries or some other chocolates...but I rarely get those. It's a welcome gift, so I'm always happy to get a welcome gift, even when I don't especially like it.

I've complained about a lot of things over the years. A welcome gift, even a missing welcome gift, has never been among those.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I've never complained about a welcome gift.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.