Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

SPGAlerts Text Messages - Linked Accounts & Lifetime Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2017, 11:21 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite

OK, wondering if this just happened to anyone else.

Ten minutes ago I received five text messages from SPG that stated:
1)SPGAlerts: You have successfully linked your SPG & Foursquare accounts. Check out all of the benefits at
2)SPGAlerts: You have successfully linked your SPG & Caesars accounts. Check out all of the benefits at
3)SPGAlerts: You have successfully linked your SPG & Delta accounts. Check out all of the benefits at
4)SPGAlerts: You have successfully linked your SPG & Facebook accounts. Check out all of the benefits at
5)SPGAlerts: Congratulations, you’ve just achieved Lifetime Gold status. Check out your new benefits at:

After each message was a link to see the results.

I received these immediately after re-linking my SPG and Uber accounts (SPG Research indicated a system glitch had de-linked by SPG/Uber accounts on June 30). All the accounts shown in the text messages were linked years ago and I've had LTG for several years. Strange also that I received a notice about linking my SPG/Caesars account since that program has expired.
Old Oct 1, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by controller1
OK, wondering if this just happened to anyone else.

Ten minutes ago I received five text messages from SPG that stated:
1)SPGAlerts: You have successfully linked your SPG & Foursquare accounts. Check out all of the benefits at
2)SPGAlerts: You have successfully linked your SPG & Caesars accounts. Check out all of the benefits at
3)SPGAlerts: You have successfully linked your SPG & Delta accounts. Check out all of the benefits at
4)SPGAlerts: You have successfully linked your SPG & Facebook accounts. Check out all of the benefits at
5)SPGAlerts: Congratulations, you’ve just achieved Lifetime Gold status. Check out your new benefits at:

After each message was a link to see the results.

I received these immediately after re-linking my SPG and Uber accounts (SPG Research indicated a system glitch had de-linked by SPG/Uber accounts on June 30). All the accounts shown in the text messages were linked years ago and I've had LTG for several years. Strange also that I received a notice about linking my SPG/Caesars account since that program has expired.
I was effected by this bug a few months ago, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.