Wiki Posts
Search

SPG Plat renew = Marriott Plat renew?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marco Polo Gold
SPG Plat renew = Marriott Plat renew?

Or is that just a one time deal and I need to work on Marriott separately from now on?

I got an "offer" from Marriott to stay 20 nights to keep my Platinum. just wondering if I can ignore that since I already made my SPG Plat renewal for 2017 and working on SPG75.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
Or is that just a one time deal and I need to work on Marriott separately from now on?

I got an "offer" from Marriott to stay 20 nights to keep my Platinum. just wondering if I can ignore that since I already made my SPG Plat renewal for 2017 and working on SPG75.
@Cathay Dragon 666 please see the merger sticky above.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:06 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
@Cathay Dragon 666 please see the merger sticky above.
There are over 1,000 posts in the stickied merger thread. Any in particular that can be recommend to the OP ?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
There are over 1,000 posts in the stickied merger thread. Any in particular that can be recommend to the OP ?
I'm sorry, I know some of you are "sick and tire" of common questions being asked and answered over and over again. However, the search function in this forum is not as easy as seasoned posters would think they are, and telling someone to go to a sticky that has over 1000+ posts and read through them one-by-one in hope to find one that directly answers your simple question, with a yes and no is cumbersome.

Yes, you have made it to expert, you are now SPG know-it-alls with all the answers, and you despise noobs that keep acting like... well.. noobs.

So... anyone kind enough to answer a quick yes or no?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:40 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Yes, you can ignore that message.

Once you link your 2 accounts, you will (until the programs are fully combined) have the highest status level in both accounts that you have achieved in either one of the accounts.

This information is "implied" in the answer to the "If I have Lifetime Status in one of the programs, will I also get it in the other program when I link my accounts?" question in the Wiki for the referenced Sticky thread.

The only issue with this I remember seeing were posts around February when some had a 5 day wait for their SPG status to be "re-matched" to their Marriott status level. Supposedly this was due to a 5 day difference in when each program did their annual elite status drops (i.e. end of February.)
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Yes/no would be too confusing as I don't know which question I'd be answering.

Your Plat status will be automatically renewed. Congrats! ^
Old Sep 29, 2017, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hhoope01
Yes, you can ignore that message.

Once you link your 2 accounts, you will (until the programs are fully combined) have the highest status level in both accounts that you have achieved in either one of the accounts.
Thank you so much. Now I can focus more on getting SPG75 and Hyatt Explorist.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred

Perhaps you should have inquired if the OP, even viewed that thread?

Here are the threads in with Starwood Lurker addressed the subject
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27302663-post457.html
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:31 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist
For what it's worth I'm not a noob and I *know* that Marriott will match my SPG status. I still found those emails from Marriott confusing and they made me second guess for a second. You would think they would target those better.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
Perhaps you should have inquired if the OP, even viewed that thread?

Here are the threads in with Starwood Lurker addressed the subject
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27302663-post457.html
Ah yes, post 457 in an 1100-post thread. How silly of OP for missing that.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by damon88
For what it's worth I'm not a noob and I *know* that Marriott will match my SPG status. I still found those emails from Marriott confusing and they made me second guess for a second. You would think they would target those better.
The two systems are still separate and their sweep processes do not consider membership in the other to determine inclusion in the mailings. Just like the website does not consider how you got status either. I am within 10 nights in both programs of making LTP status, yet the web still tells me I need 75 nights to make Platinum. Being a corner case does make one wonder but a fact of life.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 3:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Sometimes it's just easier to answer a question than starting an interrogation process on whether a fellow member spent a satisfactory amount of time before helping. I suspect William could answer 90% of the questions here with "search my posts, I've answered that before".
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Cathay Dragon 666
I'm sorry, I know some of you are "sick and tire" of common questions being asked and answered over and over again. However, the search function in this forum is not as easy as seasoned posters would think they are, and telling someone to go to a sticky that has over 1000+ posts and read through them one-by-one in hope to find one that directly answers your simple question, with a yes and no is cumbersome.

Yes, you have made it to expert, you are now SPG know-it-alls with all the answers, and you despise noobs that keep acting like... well.. noobs.

So... anyone kind enough to answer a quick yes or no?
In fairness I think you quoted the wrong person. OxonFlyer was trying to help you, in terms of asking KENNECTED if he had a particular post he could refer you to vs. his generic read the 1,000 post thread post.

FWIW - I wouldn't read all the way through a 1,000 post thread either, although I probably would read the wiki if the thread had one to see if my question was answered in the wiki.

Cheers.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Thank you OP for asking the question. I wondered the exact same thing and this thread put my mind at ease.
Old Sep 30, 2017, 12:56 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
Thank you! Im curious about this too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.