Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott "annual free gift benefit" confusion..

Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:02 am
Original Poster

This is my first time using Marriott Bonvoy.. and I stayed at a Marriott from 1 January - early March.. so I had 73 nights. I read a trick online that you can use the 50 night "annual free gift" benefit to choose 5 Elite nights and get over the 75 elite night hump to have another "annual free gift" selection. I did that today. I selected the 5 elite nights benefit which brought me to 78 nights this year and my status is now Titanium Elite.

On the dashboard of my profile there is a link to 'choose your 75 night annual free gift benefit'.. I click on the link but it's only showing me the 50 night redemption that I already made. Must I wait longer.. or more days before the 75 night benefit will show up? or is there a glitch on my account causing it to not allow me to select the 75 night benefit? It doesn't give me any way to select it right now.

Last edited by FlyingSloth; Apr 27, 2022 at 9:08 am
Old Apr 27, 2022, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Was there really no prospect of you doing 2 more nights before the end of 2022? It seems to be quite the waste of the 50-night benefit.

It might take a few days before you are allowed to choose the 75-night benefit (presumably the free night certificate), but it should eventually be offered.
yurtripper likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
In some years it has taken a day or two after the 50th Elite Qualifying Night (EQN) posts to my account until I can make my Annual Choice Benefit (ACB) selection.

In ten years of making Platinum Elite (formerly called "Gold") I have always selected the five EQN and never the five Suite Night Awards (SNA). I will continue to do so as a lifetime Marriott Bonvy Platinum Elite, given my personal stay pattern, usage, and preferences.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
I will continue to do so as a lifetime Marriott Bonvy Platinum Elite, given my personal stay pattern, usage, and preferences.
Once you are lifetime Plat, what is the point of 5 extra elite nights? To get to Titanium when you otherwise might not?
margarita girl and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Apr 28, 2022, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Once you are lifetime Plat, what is the point of 5 extra elite nights? To get to Titanium when you otherwise might not?
Exactly. During four years I barely made Titanium, two of those years with the help of a couple of staycation redemption mattress runs.

And the EQNs might come in handy if Marriott ever reinstates lifetime Titanium.

Plus, SNAs do not seem that meaningful to me personally, so I could happily live life without one ever attributed to my name.

This is a moot point now, because for the next seven years, almost all my stays will be in my wife's name, so she can join me as a lifetime Marriott Bonvy Platinum Elite. 💕

(We are already both lifetime members of the United Club and Admirals Club; our 30th wedding anniversary is in two months; she is six years younger than me; and women generally live longer than men. )

Last edited by SPN Lifer; Apr 28, 2022 at 4:46 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.