Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

booked 2 rooms but only allowed to check into 1....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

booked 2 rooms but only allowed to check into 1....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by RogerD408
No, do escalate with SPG and make sure they open a case against the property and it goes on file. You are probably not the only one that they have done this to and it needs to stop. If they feel they can get away with things like this they will continue.
i plan on doing that too....will give the gm till the end of the week to respond....after that i will escalate the issue....
Old Sep 14, 2017, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by whimsey21
FYI: I stayed at the Rajputana in August, and just looked at my account-- the points for my stay posted 11 days after checkout... Sadly I'm not overly surprised to hear which property it was-- I had some challenges with the desk staff there not following SPG rules, and not being overly competent. I was not inspired to return.
i've never waited 11 days....if the stay hasn't posted in a week then i ask my ambassador to manually post the stay....
Old Sep 15, 2017, 5:00 pm

I had this problems in UAE and China but always after talking with GM we have another room for us. I understand local low rules but GM must understand SPG policy too.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

has anyone found way to deal with this issue?

re ITC, IIRC all their starwood are franchised
Old Sep 15, 2017, 10:09 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by Keyser
to top things off, its been 4 days since i checked out & the stay credit has still not posted....in my experience if it doesn't post after 2 days then it never posts on its own & has to be manually credited after a week....

this is definitely the last time i'm staying here....
Perhaps post the story in the hotel master thread so that others are warned.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Perhaps post the story in the hotel master thread so that others are warned.
i will do that....but here is an update:

i sent an email to my ambassador in the morning yesterday pointing out the problem i faced & asked her to file a complaint....

i received a reply from her later that afternoon with my file complaint number & she said she has reached out to the property as well for an explanation....

in the evening around 7pm i got a call from a manager at the itc rajputana who apologized for the issue but stuck to the claim that it is a government policy that one person cannot be given 2 rooms if he/she is traveling solo as with one form of id only one room can be given....i know for a fact that there is no such policy so i questioned him what would happen if i was traveling with my 2 infant sons & wanted to book a second connecting room for them....he didn't seem to have an answer to that & finally agreed that in such a situation they would have to give me the second room on the same id that was used for the 1st room....i asked in that circumstance would the hotel not be going against the so called government policy & he had no answer to that....

he further offered to make sure that the stay credit & points would be posted to my account right away & the hotel was offering another 2k points as a goodwill gesture....finally he asked if i would give the hotel one more chance the next time i am traveling to jaipur....

i told him it was unlikely that i would stay there again & was not satisfied with his explanation on the second room issue....the points for the stay posted to my account this morning but i haven't received the goodwill gesture points yet....

i'm going to treat this issue as closed now....all i wanted was an explanation on booking multiple rooms & i don't feel the property has given me the right answer so in the future i will take my business to the other 2 spg properties in jaipur....
Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:21 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Maybe ask them for a copy of the Govt directive.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

i should have....but i know for a fact that it does not exist....
Old Sep 16, 2017, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

those repeating scripts may have been fed them/directed to by others/higher ups

did a bunch of lawyers or consultants come up with this to minimize dealings with govts

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 19, 2017 at 9:56 am
Old Sep 17, 2017, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
i should have....but i know for a fact that it does not exist....
GM must have started out as a FDC and learned to make things up to send the customer away so they don't have to work the problem.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 9:59 am

Programs: UA Gold/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott Plat
to top things off, its been 4 days since i checked out & the stay credit has still not posted....in my experience if it doesn't post after 2 days then it never posts on its own & has to be manually credited after a week....

this is definitely the last time i'm staying here....
I checked out of here earlier this month and it took them almost a week to get my points posted from here...albeit automatically. Not sure the cause of the delay.
Old Sep 18, 2017, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

RogerD408 et al, never underestimate bureaucracy and ignorance (vs assuming hostile lying staff)
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

the points for the stay posted to my account this morning but i haven't received the goodwill gesture points yet....
another update....got the 2k goodwill gesture points this evening....
Old Sep 18, 2017, 12:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
This. Obviously they wouldn't be able to produce it. You could also mention that other properties don't have the same rule as this one, so either the gov't directive doesn't exist or the other properties are going rogue.

Cheers.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
This. Obviously they wouldn't be able to produce it. You could also mention that other properties don't have the same rule as this one, so either the gov't directive doesn't exist or the other properties are going rogue.

Cheers.
not only will they not be able to produce it, but in the example i gave above they admitted that in such a scenario they would have to give me the second room on the same id....so they would be going rogue themselves....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.