Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

booked 2 rooms but only allowed to check into 1....

booked 2 rooms but only allowed to check into 1....

Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by JackE
In hindsight, a solution would be to check out of the first room to gain access to the second, clean room. After the meeting, then it becomes your room.
this thought did cross my mind but as out of my element rightfully pointed out they could have denied me the room saying it was too early to check in....

Originally Posted by Out of my Element
Well, sure, but check in time is 3PM and it's 7:30AM. We don't have a room for you, we were at capacity last night!
i completely agree....they were definitely not at capacity at all....this is off season for the hotel & there were dozens of rooms still available for sale....but i was in no mood to get into another argument with them over an early check-in....
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by pWei
You should have SPG open an investigation, and let the hotel GM know. The hotel gets dinged, pays for the investigation, and hopefully learns its lesson.
i asked to speak with the gm when i was checking out but the duty manager told me he was not available & he would have the gm call me back....of course, no one has called & i don't expect anyone to....
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Keyser
i asked to speak with the gm when i was checking out but the duty manager told me he was not available & he would have the gm call me back....of course, no one has called & i don't expect anyone to....
You should drop him an email and tell him that it's unacceptable for a frequent patron of the hotel to be treated like this.
Out of my Element and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aventine
You should drop him an email and tell him that it's unacceptable for a frequent patron of the hotel to be treated like this.
i plan on doing that if i don't hear from anyone till the end of this week....
Old Sep 12, 2017, 3:44 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
A possible solution might have been to book a day room in the name of the client?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by :D!
A possible solution might have been to book a day room in the name of the client?
that thought did cross my mind when the duty manager refused to give me the second room in the morning but at that point i wasn't in the mood to negotiate a day rate, have the client check-in or to give the hotel any additional revenue....
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In the end, did the hotel charge you for the second room?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
In the end, did the hotel charge you for the second room?
no they didn't....
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

to top things off, its been 4 days since i checked out & the stay credit has still not posted....in my experience if it doesn't post after 2 days then it never posts on its own & has to be manually credited after a week....

this is definitely the last time i'm staying here....
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

to top things off, its been 4 days since i checked out & the stay credit has still not posted....in my experience if it doesn't post after 2 days then it never posts on its own & has to be manually credited after a week....

And nothing from the GM? What a poor Luxury Collection property
Old Sep 14, 2017, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

And nothing from the GM? What a poor Luxury Collection property
nothing from the gm at all....& i'm not even expecting anything....the attitude of both the check-in agent & the duty manager was very poor....the duty manager did apologize for the situation but it felt like a very canned response....
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

nothing from the gm at all....& i'm not even expecting anything....the attitude of both the check-in agent & the duty manager was very poor....the duty manager did apologize for the situation but it felt like a very canned response....
I've been there. Best to write them off and find somewhere else for your business needs.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I've been there. Best to write them off and find somewhere else for your business needs.
that's the plan....
Old Sep 14, 2017, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
that's the plan....
No, do escalate with SPG and make sure they open a case against the property and it goes on file. You are probably not the only one that they have done this to and it needs to stop. If they feel they can get away with things like this they will continue.

Had they processed the second room as a no-show, I would have also disputed the charge so they get dinged by the CC processor for unacceptable behavior. You were not a no-show, you were denied the room, big difference. There are some people that only have feelings in the wallet and hitting them there will get attention.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver

FYI: I stayed at the Rajputana in August, and just looked at my account-- the points for my stay posted 11 days after checkout... Sadly I'm not overly surprised to hear which property it was-- I had some challenges with the desk staff there not following SPG rules, and not being overly competent. I was not inspired to return.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.