Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

booked 2 rooms but only allowed to check into 1....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

booked 2 rooms but only allowed to check into 1....

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
I was in a somewhat similar situation at a boutique hotel in San Diego last year. Booked three rooms but one person ended up not making the trip. We decided to keep the third room as a meeting room and checked in all three rooms under my name. About 5 days later I went to check out and was told that the third room was already checked out because housekeeping noticed the bed was untouched and there was no luggage so they resold the same room without ever contacting me! Nor was I ever refunded any payment as they treated it as a no-show.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CommentatusMaximus
I was in a somewhat similar situation at a boutique hotel in San Diego last year. Booked three rooms but one person ended up not making the trip. We decided to keep the third room as a meeting room and checked in all three rooms under my name. About 5 days later I went to check out and was told that the third room was already checked out because housekeeping noticed the bed was untouched and there was no luggage so they resold the same room without ever contacting me! Nor was I ever refunded any payment as they treated it as a no-show.
How can it be a no show if you checked in and got a key card for the room? However, if you weren't actually using the room and didn't notice that the key card had been cancelled, I can understand housekeeping checking you out, but certainly only after the first night.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Which property in India? Given more than one person has encountered the same issue & the staff kept changing their story, would like to know as it goes on the don't stay there list.

Cheers.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Which property in India? Given more than one person has encountered the same issue & the staff kept changing their story, would like to know as it goes on the don't stay there list.

Cheers.
its the itc rajputana & i have no desire to stay here anymore....there are 2 other spg options in the city & i will take my future business there....
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
i agree....i have booked 2 rooms multiple times when traveling with my family....the 2nd room is for my infant kids who have no form of id when traveling domestically....i've never had a problem with 2 rooms at any property in the past....
Indeed. SPG even has a promo if you book a second room. What incompetence by an alleged manager.

Cheers,
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Flews
Indeed. SPG even has a promo if you book a second room. What incompetence by an alleged manager.

Cheers,
Two separate issues. I was not able to register two rooms under my name in some countries yet I had no issue getting SPG credit by requesting manual adjustment after checkout.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 12:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
In hindsight, a solution would be to check out of the first room to gain access to the second, clean room. After the meeting, then it becomes your room.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Originally Posted by AJLondon
I had a huge issue about this (with the same hotel ) this past weekend as well, where I had booked two rooms. One for me, and one for a family member. They removed my name from the second room, and even my email address and SPG number!! They insisted (falsely) that it is a GoI regulation that I am not allowed to book more than one room in my name.

I have escalated. All I cared about what was getting the credit for the 2 rooms I booked, but they really pissed me off!
Yes, I got that once as well.
The staff can make up rules to justify why they can happily delete your name from the second booking, and deny you SPG points and credit.

Fortunately, SPG Plat desk restored the credits, but it should not have been so difficult. (I thought deleting a name is more difficult than to leave it alone, but the property tries so hard to save on SPG points! )
Old Sep 11, 2017, 2:17 pm

Programs: Marriott & SPG Plat, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, ex-Fairmont Plat, ex-Swissotel Eleva
Originally Posted by JackE
In hindsight, a solution would be to check out of the first room to gain access to the second, clean room. After the meeting, then it becomes your room.
I cannot understand why OP needs to do that, given that he is more than happy to pay for the 2nd room.

Just think of it as booking a connecting room under your name. Whether it is because you have kids, or you just want a bigger space for yourself, or you are using the 2nd room to host some guests, does not matter.

And like OP, should the hotel make it so difficult when there is a need for you to book the 2nd room, then I agree in voting with your wallet; I too will take my business elsewhere.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 3:37 pm

Location: Formerly Box 350, Boston Mass, Oh two one three four. Now near Beverly Hills 90210
Programs: Loyal Order of Water Buffalos
Originally Posted by JackE
Well, sure, but check in time is 3PM and it's 7:30AM. We don't have a room for you, we were at capacity last night!
Old Sep 11, 2017, 4:54 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How can it be a no show if you checked in and got a key card for the room? However, if you weren't actually using the room and didn't notice that the key card had been cancelled, I can understand housekeeping checking you out, but certainly only after the first night.
Yep, the logic escapes me. Basically it was a money grab and to hell with customer service.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by ZenWorld
I cannot understand why OP needs to do that, given that he is more than happy to pay for the 2nd room.

Just think of it as booking a connecting room under your name. Whether it is because you have kids, or you just want a bigger space for yourself, or you are using the 2nd room to host some guests, does not matter.

And like OP, should the hotel make it so difficult when there is a need for you to book the 2nd room, then I agree in voting with your wallet; I too will take my business elsewhere.

To be clear, I'm not defending the hotel. I'm mentioning a solution that would result in the OP getting a clean room to use for business.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 8:09 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
I've booked two or three rooms on many occasions.

The ITC Rajputana clearly has very poor and stupid management. We all can agree that it behaved stupidly and doesn't deserve the OP's (or many others') future business. Escalating this matter with SPG and the hotel's GM seems appropriate. Maybe they'll learn something...

I always find it helpful to share the link to the FlyerTalk discussion when I'm abroad with hotel management that might not appreciate the power of this forum.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
You should have SPG open an investigation, and let the hotel GM know. The hotel gets dinged, pays for the investigation, and hopefully learns its lesson.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 10:35 pm

I could be wrong, but this could have been to control prostitution activities that are often a norm inside hotels in some countries.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.