Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

2017 Q4 Global Promo : SPG Explore More, Sept 12 - Jan 15 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 6, 2017, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
https://www.spgpromos.com/exploremore/

SPG Explore More

Register by November 30, 2017, and earn at participating SPG® hotels between September 12, 2017, and January 15, 2018:

1,000 bonus Starpoints® per stay at St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Le Méridien®, Westin®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™ and Design Hotels™
500 bonus Starpoints per stay at Aloft®, ElementSM and Four Points®
10,000 bonus Starpoints when you stay 25 or more nights

Participating hotels : 1,000 Starpoints
https://www.spgpromos.com/exploremor...&IM=Q42017_DEF

Participating hotels : 500 Starpoints

Earning for this promotion, including the 10,000 Starpoint bonus, applies only to the properties listed on the two participating property lists.

FAQs

T&Cs

When can I register for the promotion?

SPG® Members can register September 6, 2017, through 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) November 30, 2017 (the “registration period”).

What are the dates I can earn bonus Starpoints®?

Each registered SPG Member can earn bonus Starpoints for eligible paid stays from September 12, 2017, through January 15, 2018 (the “earning period”).

Can anyone register for this promotion?

Any SPG Member can register at spg.com/exploremore. A nonmember can join the SPG program and register simultaneously, also at spg.com/exploremore.

Will eligible stays or nights prior to registration count toward my earning?

Yes, as long as the SPG Member registers by November 30, 2017, any eligible paid stay or night from September 12, 2017, through January 15, 2018, will count toward earning.

How do I earn 500 Starpoints?

A registered SPG Member can earn 500 Starpoints if the eligible stay is one or more nights at any participating Aloft®, ElementSM, or Four Points® hotel or resort during the earning period. The bonus may be earned an unlimited number of times.

[Top]

How do I earn 1,000 Starpoints?

A registered SPG Member can earn 1,000 Starpoints if the eligible stay is one or more nights at any participating St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Le Méridien®, Westin®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, or Design Hotels™ hotel or resort during the earning period. The bonus may be earned an unlimited number of times.

How do I earn 10,000 bonus Starpoints?

A registered SPG Member can earn 10,000 bonus Starpoints after staying 25 eligible nights at any SPG Participating Hotel during the earning period.

At which hotels and resorts am I eligible to earn 500 Starpoints?

A registered SPG Member can earn 500 Starpoints at any participating Aloft, Element, or Four Points hotel or resort during the earning period. Click here to view the complete list of participating hotels and resorts.

At which hotels and resorts am I eligible to earn 1,000 Starpoints?

A registered SPG Member can earn 1,000 Starpoints at any participating St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W, Le Méridien, Westin, Sheraton, Tribute Portfolio, or Design Hotels hotel or resort during the earning period. Click here to view the complete list of participating hotels and resorts.

At which hotels and resorts am I eligible to earn 10,000 bonus Starpoints?

A registered SPG Member can earn the one-time 10,000 bonus Starpoints after completing his/her 25th night at any SPG Participating Hotel during the earning period.

[Top]

What qualifies as an eligible paid stay?

An eligible paid stay includes one or more nights at the same SPG Participating Hotel by an SPG Member who (a) provides his/her SPG Member number at the time of reservation or at check-in; (b) pays an eligible rate that earns Starpoints as defined by the terms and conditions of the SPG program (spg.com/t&c); and (c) stays in one of the reserved guest rooms. If an SPG Member checks out of a guest room and then checks back in to a guest room at the same SPG Participating Hotel on the same day, it will count as a single stay for purposes of calculating stays.

What qualifies as an eligible paid night?

An eligible paid night includes at least one night paying a qualifying rate at a participating SPG Participating Hotel during the earning period.

Can I book through a third party and earn bonus Starpoints?

Stays must be booked through any Starpoints-eligible channel, which includes a travel professional who books through those channels or the GDS. This is the only way to earn bonus Starpoints and get our best rates. Stays booked through prepaid, third-party channels — such as orbitz.com, expedia.com, travelocity.com, delta.com, etc. — are not eligible Rate Plans, so the member will not earn bonus Starpoints and will not qualify for the offer. A description of a Starpoints-eligible channel can be found at spg.com under the program terms and conditions, section 2.1.

If part of my stay was reserved using a Free Night Award or SPG Cash & Points, will my stay qualify?

No. Stays booked with Free Night Awards or Cash & Points do not count as qualifying stays for this promotion. Even if part of the stay is reserved using an Award and part is paid, the SPG Member will not receive bonus Starpoints for any part of the stay.

If I check in before the earning period begins or check out after the earning period ends, but some of my stay is in the earning period, does my stay earn the bonus?

Yes, as long as one night of the eligible stay is within the earning period, bonus Starpoints will be earned (even if part of the stay falls outside the earning period).

[Top]

When will the bonus Starpoints post to my account?

The bonus Starpoints will post to the registered SPG Member's account within two to four weeks of each eligible paid stay posting. Please note: Not all bonuses will post at the same time.

Will I earn stay and night credits toward elite status?

An SPG Member will earn stay and night credits as he/she normally does while earning Starpoints.

Can I take advantage of other bonus promotions at the same time?

Yes. However, each promotion earns bonuses independently of each other.
Print Wikipost

2017 Q4 Global Promo : SPG Explore More, Sept 12 - Jan 15 2018

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: Marriot LT Titanium/Hertz PC/UA 1MM 1K
Also not seeing anything- 5 stays since registration.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Prem, UA Silver, Delta GM
I had signed up for the promo, and have email showing "you're registered" on sept 8th, but I got a *new* email to register for this promo on Oct 18th.

Needless to say, none of my stays are showing the bonus, 6 stays since 9/12 (and more coming starting next week).
Old Oct 20, 2017, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
This seems to be a "known problem" although one would think that they would have fixed it by now.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA 2.7MM LTP, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Nat'l Emerald Exec)
QQ: I missed registration for this promo until October 19th.

Had six qualifying stays under this promo BEFORE October 19th.

Have read and reread the T&C, and there seems to be nothing stated about having to register before the stays.

Also read through 10 pages of posts on this thread; nothing.

Any thoughts anyone?

Last edited by EleanorMcDaniel; Oct 20, 2017 at 1:19 pm
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:19 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by EleanorMcDaniel
QQ:
AA: There’s a Q&A just for you in the wiki at the head of this thread.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA 2.7MM LTP, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Nat'l Emerald Exec)
TYVM.
margarita girl likes this.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA PLT PRO, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plt. Premier
Yeah looks like they fixed it got all my points today

Bonus +500 - 10/21/2017
Four Points by Sheraton Detroit Metro Airport
2017Q4 500 STARPOINTS-SSB(T4Q)
Bonus +1,000 - 10/21/2017
The Westin Southfield Detroit
2017Q4 1000 STARPOINTS-FS(T4Q)
Bonus +1,000 - 10/21/2017
Sheraton Salt Lake City Hotel
2017Q4 1000 STARPOINTS-FS(T4Q)
Bonus +500 - 10/21/2017
Four Points by Sheraton Mall of America Minneapolis Airport
Bonus +500 - 10/21/2017
Four Points by Sheraton Chicago O'Hare Airport
Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA CK / Marriott Worthless Ambassador
Not for me

my Ambasador said she’d get back to me in 24-48 hours three days ago.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
My missing points posted today as well.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:34 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Bonvoy Ambassador Elite, Hilton Silver
Mine have all posted and I am now current up to my last stay that ended Thursday.

Still nothing posted for my member exclusive promo though after more than 4 weeks.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Same here! Thanks William for following up.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 4:03 pm

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
The problem appears to have been fixed: I also got my bonuses.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
Mine all posted as well.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Yay! I concur - finally got my bonuses too
Old Oct 21, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Plat Prem, UA Silver, Delta GM
all mine appeared as well, hooray!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.