Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Plat Benefits at Aloft?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
It is precisely available at the bottom of this page as indicated in the main Terms and Conditions.

Nonetheless, as it indicates, upgrades are not part of member benefits at Aloft and Element properties. If an upgrade is given at one of these branded hotels, they are exceeding SPG's expectations, so YMMV.
William,

Thank you. I finally found it.

I had not noticed that there are two different T&C links at the bottom of the marketing page: spg.com/fullterms and spg.com/terms

Oddly, the "Full Terms" page has fewer details than the "Terms" page. Bu only the shorter ""Full Terms" page has the exclusion. The seemingly more complete "Terms" page dies not.

A friendly suggestion for SPG: While I realize that a marketing page for a loyalty program cannot realistically include all the fine print, it would be better not to hide something as fundamental as brand exclusions affecting one of the most significant program features (upgrades).

Last edited by Horace; Aug 3, 2017 at 2:02 pm
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I just made a reservation at an aloft that does have a suite. SPG.com gave me the option of applying a SNA. I wonder whether it really works or not.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:34 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I just made a reservation at an aloft that does have a suite. SPG.com gave me the option of applying a SNA. I wonder whether it really works or not.
Yes it does work, SNAs can be applied at Alofts, but a platinum as per T&C's doesn't get upgraded on a "normal" "non-SNA" basis.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:11 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Southwest AL CP, Hyatt Globalist
I have received a nice suite at the Aloft Asheville NC downtown. I was very surprised, as I too thought the chain had only one room type.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I have received upgrades numerous times at different aloft properties. Front desk agents said... since you're platinum we upgraded you. I guess it isn't required per T&C's, but from my experience I'd imagine they'd try as all hotels do.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I know an element that does give Plats free one category upgrades (if available at check in) as a matter of policy. Base level room upgrades to a studio, etc.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
I stay at alot more Elements than Alofts; I'd say I'm batting about .500 when it comes to getting upgrades even though I know they're not obliged to give them.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:38 pm

Aloft Abu Dhabi has been wonderful as a Plat, with:

- reliable upgrades to a much larger room with better furniture and view;
- free full breakfast for two at the main restaurant; and
- coupons for one alcoholic drink and one hot/soft drink per person per night.

Going by the price they charge for the breakfast and alcoholic drinks, the room becomes practically free during off-peak season.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by stargold
Aloft Abu Dhabi has been wonderful as a Plat, with:

- reliable upgrades to a much larger room with better furniture and view;
- free full breakfast for two at the main restaurant; and
- coupons for one alcoholic drink and one hot/soft drink per person per night.

Going by the price they charge for the breakfast and alcoholic drinks, the room becomes practically free during off-peak season.
What do you mean by better furniture? Is the furniture not the same in each room?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I have found Elements to be more generous with upgrades than lofts... but I wonder if that is because they have more alternate room types than the aloft hotels which often will only have one or two suites in the entire hotel.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by KENNECTED
What do you mean by better furniture? Is the furniture not the same in each room?
As in, the regular room only has a chair, but the upgraded room has a couch with a coffee table and additional storage spaces.

(I didn't mean to say that the upgraded room has a different bed, etc - those are obviously all the same)
Old Aug 8, 2017, 1:23 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by tlott
Have had good upgrades at international Alofts (Abu Dhabi, etc). But don't expect it.
Yeah I had also an upgrade to a suite in Aloft Abu Dhabi two weeks ago for my three nights stay ^
Old Aug 9, 2017, 12:31 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC, Natl EE
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Yeah I had also an upgrade to a suite in Aloft Abu Dhabi two weeks ago for my three nights stay ^
Not sure if it's worth it to burn a SNA on an Aloft suite. They are usually so cheap you might as well pay out of pocket. Hold the SNA for when a suite costs at least $100-200 more per night than a non-suite.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 3:14 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by CommentatusMaximus
Not sure if it's worth it to burn a SNA on an Aloft suite. They are usually so cheap you might as well pay out of pocket. Hold the SNA for when a suite costs at least $100-200 more per night than a non-suite.
Yeah I agree. When I stayed in Aloft Abu Dhabi I paid $ 48++ per night and the complimentary suite upgrade at check-in came as a surprise!!
Old Sep 25, 2018, 10:04 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Sorry to bring up this threat.

so post merger, does Aloft provide free breakfast for Platinum member?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.