Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

A new low for Kayak... Trying to fool the SPG BRG reps

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), AA Platinum Pro

So, I was researching prices for a BRG in reference to Starwood, which is why I'm posting this here, but if it should be somewhere else, mods, please move accordingly.

I noticed that the URL I copied and pasted from Kayak was not loading in a separate browser for some reason. Then I examined the URL and noticed "BRG" near the end of the URL...which leads me to wonder....

Is Kayak using tracking cookies to determine if you've visited a BRG page, and then purposely adding a token to the URL that invalidates that page when you copy and paste it?

I wouldn't put it past them... From now on, I'm just going to reference the mobile app and not use the desktop URL.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Most direct URLs from booking engines don't work in another browser because they contain session IDs. I always just sent the top-level site URL and let SPG search for themselves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.