Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why W hotel does not have executive lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Having seen some of the other threads started by the OP, and considering that at least one contributor to this thread has had his account suspended (although that could also be for other reasons), it brings to mind lines 9-10 of Max Ehrmann's poem, Desiderata: https://allpoetry.com/Desiderata---Words-for-Life
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Having seen some of the other threads started by the OP, and considering that at least one contributor to this thread has had his account suspended (although that could also be for other reasons), it brings to mind lines 9-10 of Max Ehrmann's poem, Desiderata: https://allpoetry.com/Desiderata---Words-for-Life
I like that poem. Thanks for sharing!

Personally, I had a very nice weekend at a W.

As to why its not a brand standard, well ... it was pretty obvious at the pool that only a couple of people would have been in the six figure income bracket and I'd be surprised that many were Gold's or Plat's that would have been eligible for a lounge. Now ... whether the hotel has low occupancy during the week when the road warriors are staying elsewhere and the get together and rent a room crowd is at work .....
Old Aug 1, 2017, 3:04 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Moderator Note

Folks,
It seems like we have discussed this topic in depth and it is hard to see where there will be any new information on the topic. As such, we will close this thread. If someone has some new information which sheds light on why W hotels don't have executive lounges please feel free to contact the mods so we can enable it to be shared in the thread.

Thanks,
yosithzet
Co-Moderator, SPG Forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.