FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Complimentary Laundry @ SPG? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1848779-complimentary-laundry-spg.html)

puchong Jun 18, 2017 9:44 am

Complimentary Laundry @ SPG?

Do any SPG hotels offer any complimentary laundry services (either dry-cleaning/laundry or pressing) to Platinum guests?

travelswithmyself Jun 18, 2017 10:36 am

Not as a rule.

But certain ones do, eg St Regis Osaka, St Regis KUL, Le Meridien KUL, SGS BKK. I'm sure there are more. If I'm not wrong St Regis as a brand offers complimentary pressing. Free laundry is harder to find.

puchong Jun 18, 2017 11:27 am

Originally Posted by travelswithmyself (Post 28457368)
Not as a rule.

But certain ones do, eg St Regis Osaka, St Regis KUL, Le Meridien KUL, SGS BKK. I'm there are more. If I'm not wrong St Regis as a brand offers complimentary pressing. Free laundry is harder to find.

Adding to my own post, it seems that the ROSH in Bangkok does!

VAFlyerSAN Jun 18, 2017 11:40 am

Keraton at The Plaza, Jakarta offers 5pcs per day for free as a Executive Club benefit which all Platinum guests are entitled to.

"Executive Inclusions comprising a local area drop off (within 10 km radius) per day, 5 pieces of laundry per day (non-accumulative), complimentary alcoholic beverages all day at Executive Lounge with a la carte menu."

MSPeconomist Jun 18, 2017 11:42 am

It's not unusual in Asia. My most recent example would be PA in Bangkok (LC).

Upscale business oriented hotels sometimes offer free pressing. Some do free shoe shines, especially if you're staying in a suite. However, since you usually find a card in the room or a statement in the service booklet in the room, it isn't a benefit reserved for Plats. I've also heard of (but have not experienced personally) some Sheratons such as Singapore extending a free laundry benefit to guests in Towers rooms.

I've seen a free self serve laundry in at least one Sheraton. They even handed out free detergent packets at the front desk.

3544quebec Jun 18, 2017 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 28457539)
I've seen a free self serve laundry in at least one Sheraton. They even handed out free detergent packets at the front desk.

So that I explains why I have been sneezing bubbles since my last trip.

Paren Jun 18, 2017 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by travelswithmyself (Post 28457368)
If I'm not wrong St Regis as a brand offers complimentary pressing. Free laundry is harder to find.

Correct.

Also certain properties such as the Hongta (Luxury Collection) in Shanghai also offer complimentary pressing (this property also used to be a St Regis so not sure if they just kept it on).

Kagehitokiri Jun 18, 2017 4:58 pm

not for status, but some accommodations/properties

puchong Jun 18, 2017 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri (Post 28458550)
not for status, but some accommodations/properties

Well, which ones?

controller1 Jun 18, 2017 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by puchong (Post 28458591)
Well, which ones?

St. Regis properties provide complimentary pressing for two pieces of clothing. Some provide pressing for two pieces for each person occupying (up to two) the room.

Dr. HFH Jun 18, 2017 5:40 pm

For those properties which do offer free laundry, remember that it's most likely not unlimited. Usually limited to a certain number of pieces per day. Also, some include laundry but not dry cleaning. Best to check on arrival.

controller1 Jun 18, 2017 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH (Post 28458668)
For those properties which do offer free laundry, remember that it's most likely not unlimited. Usually limited to a certain number of pieces per day. Also, some include laundry but not dry cleaning. Best to check on arrival.

At most St. Regis properties it (pressing only) is two pieces/per person/per stay. So if one is staying a week, it doesn't go very far. I find it convenient for removing the wrinkles for those couple of items I will be wearing that night.

levistrauss Jun 19, 2017 1:26 am

At the St Regis Singapore my Butler informed me that the policy was 2 pieces per guest per day. Maybe that policy was unique to that property.

Originally Posted by controller1 (Post 28458727)
At most St. Regis properties it (pressing only) is two pieces/per person/per stay. So if one is staying a week, it doesn't go very far. I find it convenient for removing the wrinkles for those couple of items I will be wearing that night.

travelswithmyself Jun 19, 2017 2:49 am

Originally Posted by controller1 (Post 28458727)

Originally Posted by levistrauss (Post 28459717)
At the St Regis Singapore my Butler informed me that the policy was 2 pieces per guest per day. Maybe that policy was unique to that property.

St Regis KUL offers 4 items for laundry per guest per day :D. Not that I've ever had call to use it so I'm not sure what they would do if one were really to send that many items a day...

NYC2TLV Jun 19, 2017 6:07 am

St. Regis Bangkok

While staying at the St. Regis Bangkok about seven (7) months ago, we got four (4) pieces of laundry per person per day. This is with Platinum status and using SNAs to get upgraded to a suite in advance. But I believe that the benefit was tied to SPG status and not the room type.

The laundry benefit is amazing when traveling with children. Not having to load a suitcase with dirty clothes and bibs for the rest of the trip was much appreciated.

I believe that the Sheraton in Singapore offered two pieces when I was last there years ago (maybe 3+ years ago). It didn't help though as I didn't have a long enough stay to get my clothes back.