FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   Will SPG Lifetime Status be honored after the merger is complete (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1846266-will-spg-lifetime-status-honored-after-merger-complete.html)

Eddie Francisco Jun 4, 2017 9:08 am

Will SPG Lifetime Status be honored after the merger is complete

just want to make everyone aware the status we have gained by our loyalty is gone once the merger is complete.

iadisgreat Jun 4, 2017 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Eddie Francisco (Post 28400866)
just want to make everyone aware the status we have gained by our loyalty is gone once the merger is complete.

Source?

ab_initio Jun 4, 2017 9:25 am

Based on what exactly?

CCIE_Flyer Jun 4, 2017 9:28 am

A less than stellar first post there, dude. You need to substantiate stuff like this, which obviously you can't.

3Cforme Jun 4, 2017 9:32 am

Originally Posted by CCIE_Flyer (Post 28400950)
You need to substantiate stuff like this, which obviously you can't.

Maybe he can, but clearly did not.

Citing primary sources is a skill taught to middle school children. It's handy for adults, too, when they want to be persuasive instead of troublesome.

http://www.loc.gov/teachers/tps/jour...e/article.html

mahasamatman Jun 4, 2017 10:06 am

Welcome to FT, Eddie Francisco!

You can't make a statement like that on FT without facts to back it up. This isn't Twitter.

Kagehitokiri Jun 4, 2017 10:27 am

could be real, could be made up

but the thing is, all they have to do is devalue it

perhaps OP is referring to a certain benefit that will not be continued

technically, they could even have LT status be different from non LT status

Oxon Flyer Jun 4, 2017 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme (Post 28400962)
Citing primary sources is a skill taught to middle school children

As is civility towards newcomers.

Suggest we all await the OP updating us with more info before piling on any further.

karenkay Jun 4, 2017 1:26 pm

welcome to flyertalk.

imverge Jun 4, 2017 2:12 pm

Fake news :P

KENNECTED Jun 4, 2017 2:19 pm

Wait...what?

this post makes no sense. It lacks details and a source so all we're left to do is speculate.

Based on nothing, I think there were be a lot of views and comments.

Hopefully, the OP will come back, edit and or add to this post so we have some clarity.

Beckles Jun 4, 2017 2:27 pm

I must confess I haven't read much other discussion on the merger, but what I think may be quite possible is that lifetime qualification will be recomputed based on Marriott qualification levels, so SPG Lifetime Golds may become Lifetime Silvers and SPG Lifetime Platinums may become Lifetime Gold, though it doesn't seem likely anyone would lose Lifetime status completely in that scenario.

onebagtraveller Jun 4, 2017 3:54 pm

Can we change title to include [Speculation] or [Fake News] or [Click Bait]?

It might be time to put Moderator review on before allowing new thread posts from "one post wonders" / "hit and run" posters in this day and age.

CJKatl Jun 4, 2017 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer (Post 28401587)
As is civility towards newcomers.

Suggest we all await the OP updating us with more info before piling on any further.

Is it okay to point out he is likely not an insider, as he spelled "Marriot" incorrectly in his profile? Or would that be piling on?

SkiAdcock Jun 4, 2017 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by CJKatl (Post 28402248)
Is it okay to point out he is likely not an insider, as he spelled "Marriot" incorrectly in his profile? Or would that be piling on?

I hope the OP comes back to clarify/provide additional input/cite for his comment and, like others, I welcome him to FT.

Speaking only for myself I consider pointing out a typo to be piling on. Goodness knows we've all made them over the years & it's much more prevalent now that so many rely on smartphones & tablets when posting.

Again, I speak only for myself but I prefer comments to be based on the actual topic(s) on threads vs. someone making a typo or two & people sidetracking it w/ that or, as was recently done in a few threads in dif forums, FTers sidetracking threads w/ grammar corrections when it's obvious English isn't the main language of the FTer. But that's just me.

Cheers.