Wiki Posts
Search

I hate the new [spg.com] search results page

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
Most companies these days don't take the time and just spring their changes on the public for testing. They've all taken a page from Microsoft.
OT - I was in the Win10 Insiders Program for well over a year, and continue to preview and provide feedback of each release for an extended period, so I don't know what your reference to MS refers to.
Old May 26, 2017, 9:42 am
Original Member

Programs: AA (Life Plat), Marriott (Life Titanium) and every other US program
If you look back through the threads you will see my previous posts in which I have indicated that while I like SPG for its benefits, their web design and implementation is, in my broad experience (I was the first regular non-scientist user of the Internet), one of the absolute worst.
Old May 26, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
I don't see this "new" search results page...
Old May 26, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by sbrower
If you look back through the threads you will see my previous posts in which I have indicated that while I like SPG for its benefits, their web design and implementation is, in my broad experience (I was the first regular non-scientist user of the Internet), one of the absolute worst.
Guess you haven't used Marriott.com and Hyatt.com. Compared to other hotel chains, I find SPG to be the best. On Hyatt.com you can't even look at award availability for all hotels in the same city and have to click through them one by one. SPG gives you much more information in a more accessible way. Would be nice if they app could handle Z3H or other rate codes but otherwise I am more than happy to use SPG.com over any other chain's website.
Old May 26, 2017, 3:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
I don't see this "new" search results page...
They're phasing it in. I sometimes get the old page.
Old May 27, 2017, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I just checked SPG.com after reading this thread. The results page is terrible. You cannot see all the results in 1 page and have to click to see more than 1 rate.
Old May 28, 2017, 3:34 pm

I honestly haven't noticed any difference. In fact, suites almost NEVER come up. Then again, I tend to search by rate.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Same response you had in this thread!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ults-page.html
margarita girl, thanks very much for pointing out this thread to me. I now see the other rates, e.g. AAA, AARP etc. But I still don't see the box for entering an IATA number (:
Old Jul 16, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
I don't know if this issue has been there for long time or introduced by new layout.

The rate displayed in search result is not "online". You see lowest date is x, but when you try to book it shows different rate. Of course higher.

I tried to talk to the customer service folks and keep telling me many reasons but not acknowledging the issue with the website.

One reason they told me, the rate may have change from the time shown in search result and when I tried to book. I told him shouldn't you lock the rate that you "quote" me af tbe search result for x min so I can complete the whole booking process at that rate? And he tried to confuse me by telling that rate may keep changing.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:58 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I've seen this before - I am hoping it's a bug with a rate that's not actually available rather than me missing a chance at paying 20-30% less on stays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.