Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Booking Multiple Individual Reservations to Cap on Bonus Points Promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Qantas Platinum 1, IHG Diamond, United 1K, Avis President

Hi All,

Just curious - thee is a promo at a hotel I stay at called "find your suite spot"

When you book a suite, you get 3000 bonus SPG points.

If it was just a single reservation, I assume I would just get the 3K points for the entire duration of my stay (18 days). But, is it possible for me to book 18 individual reservations and obtain 54K starpoints?

Only reason I ask is because of course the Suite Promo is more expensive than a regular room rate, but I find the value worth it if I can obtain 3K points per night.
Old Apr 13, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
If you book 18 successive 1-night stays, they will get merged as 1 stay, per T&Cs. Your only way to game this promo would be to intersperse each night with 1 night at another property, and therefore collect 9x the 3K (assuming the promo T&Cs don't specifiy that you are only eligible for 1 bonus during the promo period).
Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by pooker
Hi All,

Just curious - thee is a promo at a hotel I stay at called "find your suite spot"

When you book a suite, you get 3000 bonus SPG points.

If it was just a single reservation, I assume I would just get the 3K points for the entire duration of my stay (18 days). But, is it possible for me to book 18 individual reservations and obtain 54K starpoints?

Only reason I ask is because of course the Suite Promo is more expensive than a regular room rate, but I find the value worth it if I can obtain 3K points per night.
Originally Posted by RafKa
If you book 18 successive 1-night stays, they will get merged as 1 stay, per T&Cs. Your only way to game this promo would be to intersperse each night with 1 night at another property, and therefore collect 9x the 3K (assuming the promo T&Cs don't specifiy that you are only eligible for 1 bonus during the promo period).
You don't have to move properties, but you will need to change/delete your account number between stays. If traveling with someone split the stays between the two of you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.