Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Walt Disney World Swan - Unable to modify award stay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

I have an existing reservation booked for five nights using points (12K/night 4 nights, 5th night free). Unfortunately due to a schedule conflict I need to modify the reservation to only be there for three nights. I just called and they said they are unable to shorten my reservation due to the hotel being sold out? This doesn't seem to make any sense? Has anyone else run into this? Any way around it?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 4:39 am

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Gold
I've had similar issues in the past when trying to adjust it online or via the SPG call centers, but was usually able to adjust it when contacting the hotel directly (or when my ambassador contacted the hotel for me).
Old Mar 28, 2017, 5:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
This would entail changing a 'pay 4, get 5th free' award booking into a 'pay 3' award booking, with a refund of 1 nights points, which IMHO the hotel will not be able to do.

The usual way of doing this would be a full cancel and rebook, and if the hotel is oversold, there's no guarantee that the rooms released would be made available again to be rebooked.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by fly2sell
I have an existing reservation booked for five nights using points (12K/night 4 nights, 5th night free). Unfortunately due to a schedule conflict I need to modify the reservation to only be there for three nights. I just called and they said they are unable to shorten my reservation due to the hotel being sold out? This doesn't seem to make any sense? Has anyone else run into this? Any way around it?
Are you changing your arrival date?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

I would be arriving two days later, departing the same day as the original reservation. I spoke with a different customer service person today, she explained (as expected) that in order for them to change the reservation they needed to cancel and rebook, and since it was sold out they would be unable to rebook. She said that she could contact the hotel directly as they would have the ability to modify my reservation and hold the room that I already had reserved in order to accommodate the new reservation (fingers crossed). She said I would get a response within 3 business days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.