Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Four Points by Sheraton Catania, Sicily, Italy [formerly Sheraton]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Points by Sheraton Catania, Sicily, Italy [formerly Sheraton]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2016, 3:16 am
Original Poster

Arrow Four Points by Sheraton Catania, Sicily, Italy [formerly Sheraton]

https://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourp...propertyID=442

This property has been converted, and was formerly :
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...er-thread.html

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Mar 9, 2017 at 2:24 pm Reason: Add link to Sheraton
Old Oct 12, 2016, 3:23 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by James Luckard
Good idea, this property was by far the worst Sheraton in Europe and a dump. Hopefully the rebranding isn't a sad excuse for maintaining poor levels - they need to do something about bringing this property up to standard.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Has anyone been here recently? Did they do any renovations since converting to a Four Points?

Anyways, I'll be here in May for a 1 night stop. Will report back!
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:49 pm
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by thomas199023
Has anyone been here recently? Did they do any renovations since converting to a Four Points?

Anyways, I'll be here in May for a 1 night stop. Will report back!
From trip advisor looks like no change. A bit weird that on spg.com there are no photos of the rooms. Perhaps something has been done but probably not.
Kelju likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 12:16 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Plenty of hotel & room photos here :

http://www.fourpointscatania.com
Old May 17, 2017, 5:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Stayed here last week, and had a pleasant stay. They didn't do any renovations to convert to a Four Points. They only added the Four Points logo to most things. But the old Sheraton logo can still be found and seen everywhere .

Staff was very friendly all around, and eager to please. On the night we were staying it seemed like we were one of the few SPG member guests. As this hotel mostly caters to tour groups and local business. There is not much around the hotel to be found.

AS a platinum member they upgraded my to the Presidential Suite. Which was HUGE. It seemed like they normally just use it for meetings etc as it had a huge conference table in the middle. The bed was a "pull out couch" kind of contraption and not very comfortable. Which seems very odd for being the presidential suite. The room featured two full bathrooms. And I asked to put a roll-away bed in the room as I was traveling with my dad.

The room had a huge huge balcony, with nice views of the sea and coastline. While the room was definitely showing age, it was pretty nice. The interior design of the hotel si very odd, so much concrete, it definitely feels like its a bunker.

We had dinner in the hotel restaurant, and it was pretty decent. A little overpriced but not too bad. Food quality was fine.

I would not hesitate to stay here again. But keep your expectations to a minimal. This is not a resort, or holiday destination. But its a decent business hotel, if your business would happen to take you to Catania.

I made below video of the room:
flockavelliFT likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.