Old Feb 7, 2017, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: josephstern
https://www.spgpromos.com/selectmemberexclusive/

(revised link above)

These terms are from ONE version of the promo. They have been updated at least once since, in August of 2017.

Terms and Conditions

Eligible member must register between January 30, 2017, and April 15, 2017, 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Registration Period”). Member can earn 3,000 bonus Starpoints® after the third (3rd) eligible paid stay, 3,000 bonus Starpoints after the sixth (6th) eligible paid stay, and 3,000 bonus Starpoints after the ninth (9th) eligible paid stay. As part of this promotion, member may earn a maximum of 9,000 total bonus Starpoints for nine eligible stays from February 15, 2017, through May 15, 2017 (the "Promotion Period"). This promotion is not transferable. Bookings made prior to the Promotion Period are eligible, but only eligible stays consumed during the Promotion Period will earn a bonus.

An eligible stay is a stay with at least one (1) eligible paid night at any of the over 1,300 hotels and resorts in the SPG® program, paying an eligible paid rate during the Promotion Period. An eligible rate is any rate that is eligible to earn Starpoints in the Starwood Preferred Guest® program. Free Night Awards and Cash & Points Award nights are not eligible toward promotional Starpoints earnings. Hotels and resorts in the SPG program can be found at spg.com/terms under section 1.2. A description of eligible stays and eligible rates can be found at spg.com/terms under section 2.1. Please note that certain prepaid rooms where the booking is made through a third party (including but not limited to travelocity.com, expedia.com and booking.com) are not eligible rates and do not earn Starpoints or qualify toward promotional earnings.

Bonus Starpoints will be credited to the member's account within 2–4 weeks of the stay posting to the member's Starwood Preferred Guest account following each third eligible stay.

A "Stay" is a stay of one or more consecutive nights at the same SPG Participating Hotel by an SPG Member who: (A) provides his/her SPG Member number at the time of reservation or at check-in; (B) pays an Eligible Rate or redeems an SPG Award or an SPG Promotion Reward for the stay; and (C) stays in one of the reserved guest rooms. If an SPG Member checks out of a guest room and then checks back in to a guest room at the same SPG Participating Hotel on the same day, it will count as a single stay for purposes of calculating Stays. An SPG Member may only earn Starpoints, Eligible Nights and Eligible Stays for up to three guest rooms during any Stay if he/she stays in one of the reserved guest rooms and pays an Eligible Rate or redeems an SPG Award or an SPG Promotion Reward for all of the guest rooms.

This promotion is nontransferable and void for Marriott International, Inc., employees. This promotion may be combined with other Starpoints promotions in market during the same time; however, earnings are exclusive of each other.

All promotions are subject to the Starwood Preferred Guest® program terms and conditions, which are subject to change without notice and can be found at spg.com. Offer is applicable to individual members only and not to groups. Not responsible for omissions or typographical errors. Starwood reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time. To update your communication preferences or learn about our privacy practices, view our Privacy Statement on spg.com/privacy, or access our privacy information line by calling 1-877-782-0071 in the U.S. and Canada or +353-21-4930474 in all other countries. Void where prohibited by law.
Print Wikipost

SPG select members exclusive promotions 2017

Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL DM; Marriott Ambasador Elite
Originally Posted by margarita girl
I'm finally eligible! ^^^

2500 pts for first stay
5000 pts for second stay

Total 7500 pts
This is the same offer I got. Thanks to the member above for alerting us to this.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 6:00 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Targeted Promo - Double Stay/Night Credit

I received email from SPG with a member exclusive offer.

I have 15 stays and 23 nights YTD. So the brains at SPG decided that I would appreciate this offer. When I click the link my SPG number is pre-populated, so I cannot post the link.

ELITE STATUS — ON THE DOUBLE.

We’re bringing you a special offer to help you reach SPG® elite status twice as fast. Keep enjoying elite benefits, including Free Night Awards, Award Flights, late checkouts, welcome gifts and more. Register by November 15, 2017, and you’ll earn double elite-qualifying credit on all your stays between September 15, 2017, and December 15, 2017 — with no earning limits.

2X STAYS & 2X NIGHTS COUNT TOWARD ELITE STATUS

The problem with this promo is that I am a LTP and I don't need to chase status requalification.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
As is usually the case, I did not qualify for this promotion... Currently Gold, was Platinum last year, and never qualified then either.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Dreamflight
Here's what I got:

FOURTH STAY EARNS 4,000 STARPOINTS
+ EIGHTH STAY EARNS 4,000 STARPOINTS
+ TWELFTH STAY EARNS 4,000 STARPOINTS
= MAXIMUM BONUS 12,000
I got that earlier in the year.

Current promo: Bucket of coal.

Oh wait, that would at least be something.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:23 am

Does SPG count separate back to back reservations as one stay or two stays?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:54 am

Originally Posted by sungchiahao
Does SPG count separate back to back reservations as one stay or two stays?
if its in the same hotel, its supposed to count as 1. YMMV
Old Sep 3, 2017, 8:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Got the 2x nights/stays promo, even though I have SPG plat thru 2018 already (thanks to status match completion with Marriott). Sure, I'd get the suite nights etc.. but not worth it imho.

Also noticed in the fine print -- if you qualify for status via promotional bonus nights/stays only, then your elite year earned does NOT count towards lifetime status requirements.

The bonus elite qualifying nights that post to the member's account as result of the offer will not count toward SPG Lifetime™ status nights requirements. Members upgraded to elite status solely as a result of the bonus elite qualifying stays or nights posted will not have a year of elite status count toward SPG Lifetime qualification, unless the member achieves the typical required stays and nights needed for elite status.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by izzik
Got the 2x nights/stays promo, even though I have SPG plat thru 2018 already (thanks to status match completion with Marriott). Sure, I'd get the suite nights etc.. but not worth it imho.

Also noticed in the fine print -- if you qualify for status via promotional bonus nights/stays only, then your elite year earned does NOT count towards lifetime status requirements.

The bonus elite qualifying nights that post to the member's account as result of the offer will not count toward SPG Lifetime™ status nights requirements. Members upgraded to elite status solely as a result of the bonus elite qualifying stays or nights posted will not have a year of elite status count toward SPG Lifetime qualification, unless the member achieves the typical required stays and nights needed for elite status.
I am trying to get my head around the wording....Perhaps someone can help me decipher it clearly here.

I've got 6 stays left to get Plat this year and need 12 nights after that for LT Plat... So if i stayed 3 stays (as 6 stays) and 6 nights (for 12 nights during the promo) won't count toward my Plat LT status then?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I am trying to get my head around the wording....Perhaps someone can help me decipher it clearly here.

I've got 6 stays left to get Plat this year and need 12 nights after that for LT Plat... So if i stayed 3 stays (as 6 stays) and 6 nights (for 12 nights during the promo) won't count toward my Plat LT status then?
the lifetime nights won't double because of this promo....only your stay & night count for the year will double....

lets suppose you are at 38 nights for the year & at 488 lifetime nights....if you do 6 nights under this promo then that would get you to 50 nights for the year but only 494 lifetime nights....
Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:59 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Nothing for me, again. Who do you have to know to start getting these? I could really use the 2x promo.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Kacee
2x elite qualifying nights. Already qualified for Plat through next year via Marriott.

Net SPG stays that promo will incent for me: ZERO

Seriously, what are they thinking here?
They must have forgotten to check your account before developing this particular promotion.

Seriously, -- not all promotions work for everyone. Over the years (I first hit PLT in 2009), I've been eligible for some promotions, not eligible for others. IMO any expectation of promotion eligibility or benefit is misplaced.

Yes, I'm expecting a certain amount of flaming for this post. But my skin feels particularly thick today, so I'm ready!
Old Sep 4, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
They must have forgotten to check your account before developing this particular promotion.

Seriously, -- not all promotions work for everyone. Over the years (I first hit PLT in 2009), I've been eligible for some promotions, not eligible for others. IMO any expectation of promotion eligibility or benefit is misplaced.

Yes, I'm expecting a certain amount of flaming for this post. But my skin feels particularly thick today, so I'm ready!
Sure, what you described applies if the promotion is open for all.

However, when the promotion specifically states offer is selected exclusively for you, then they better damn well check your status and not make an offer that has absolutely no value.

Your defense of this promo deserves to be flamed.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by rbAA
Nothing for me, again. Who do you have to know to start getting these? I could really use the 2x promo.
Happy to gift you my offer:

Fifth stay - 5K points
Tenth stay - 5K points
Fifteenth stay - 5K points

I have four trips planned over the next three months, so I would earn 0 bonus points anyway.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by CIT85
Sure, what you described applies if the promotion is open for all.

However, when the promotion specifically states offer is selected exclusively for you, then they better damn well check your status and not make an offer that has absolutely no value.
Presumably, then, you're unfamiliar with the concept of personally addressed and personalized mass mailings and e-mails.

Flame away!!
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:24 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Happy to gift you my offer:

Fifth stay - 5K points
Tenth stay - 5K points
Fifteenth stay - 5K points

I have four trips planned over the next three months, so I would earn 0 bonus points anyway.
Come on, a one-night mattress run at the nearest Cat 2 has got to be worth 5000 points + the rumoured 1000 points per stay + the regular stay points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.