Aloft Taipei Beitou [Master Thread]

Old Jan 14, 2017, 7:51 am
Original Poster

Aloft Taipei Beitou [Master Thread]

This is the second Aloft Taipei property to open, this time in the Beitou area. Opened on 01 Jan 2017 (not sure whether it was a soft opening or not).

I had to go to Taipei to sign some documents, and since location was not of a major concern to me this time, I decided to head out to Beitou to try this hotel. Landed in Taipei this evening, and got into a taxi at 6:00pm sharp. It took 40 minutes to get to the hotel, without traffic. Taxi fare was TWD 1,195.-

This hotel has a much larger footprint than the Aloft property in Zhongshan area. The lobby was quite big and roomy. In fact, the small check-in counter on the right-hand side seemed out of place in the big area. On the left-hand side is the WXYZ Bar, which had a live band there from 9:00pm this evening. It is a local band with a young girl as the lead.

Rooms are small size, as expected. Obviously, the furnishings are new and the color scheme quite comfortable. I think the rooms in the Zhongshan property are a bit bigger, though. Just seemed not as roomy here in this Beitou property. Photos will be posted here in a few days.

I booked on the Opening Rate of TWD 3,600.- (incl. special cocktail at the bar, double StarPoints, and 2pm late checkout). At check-in, the attendant explained that they do not upgrade Platinums to bigger rooms here; only upgrade to the same kind of room but on a higher floor. 4pm late checkout was granted, but I didn't need it due to heading back out to the airport for a 1:00pm flight tomorrow. I looked around on the street, and not many taxis passing by, but the attendant assured me that they could call one for me if I needed. Taxi to Taoyuan Airport will be TWD 1,300.- I might try Uber instead tomorrow; let's see if the wait will be very long...

Not much else to report about this hotel. Nice and new, but I doubt I would go out of my way to stay here again. I prefer the location of the Zhongshan property (if I had to choose between the two Alofts). Otherwise, back to the W or the Meridien for my usual stays.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bei Tou is way out of the way but I guess the bright side is the air is better and it is half way to Tamsui if one wants to do sightseeing that way.

Note that Uber is officially illegal in TW. The "radio taxis" are pretty efficient there.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: UA MM, SQ KrisFlyer, SPG/Marriott Titanium
Do they have hot springs inside?
Old Jan 15, 2017, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by abraxis
In the hotel? Not that I know of.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abraxis
I don't think this hotel is at the part of BeiTou that has the hot springs.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:11 am
Original Poster

Aloft Beitou Room

Photos as promised.
Attached Images      
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Aloft Beitou Bathroom

More photos.
Attached Images    
Old Feb 6, 2017, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Cool pictures. Thanks.

I did not go but saw it from the Metro the other day. It is about a 30 minute ride + walk from Taipei Main train station. I think the walk is probably between 5 and 10 minutes from the Metro Beitou Station: http://english.metro.taipei/ct.asp?x...0241&mp=122036

It is a huge building with Aloft on top so it should not be too hard to find.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
At check-in, the attendant explained that they do not upgrade Platinums to bigger rooms here; only upgrade to the same kind of room but on a higher floor.
Is that something up to the property to decide? How's the breakfast?
Old Oct 25, 2018, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by msp3
Is that something up to the property to decide? How's the breakfast?
Over 1.5 years since I stayed there, and have not been back. I do not even recall whether I had breakfast the time I stayed there.
Old Oct 25, 2018, 5:13 pm

Had a one nighter last earlier this week. Same day reservation @ category 1 pricing is ridiculously a good value. Upgraded to a Savvy room with Guandu view. No suites available online so didnt push for it. The place is between two MRT station about 5-7 minutes walk. Walking distance to some of the local Beitou Hot Springs although its a hike to the new Beitou hot spring resort area. The area is fairly residential however a walk towards the Beitou MRT station will yield lot of more local eateries. Ride into Taipei is about 25 minutes (not including walk to station). The building is large compared to the Taipei Aloft. Welcome amenity is 2 drinks. Room is fairly decent with comfy beds. The 19th floor had a nice fitness center and a self laundry. Breakfast Platinum amenity was served on the 3rd floor. I would say the breakfast is fairly decent for an Aloft but dont expect a Sheraton Taipei or Westin Taipei restaurant style spread. There is an egg and noodle station, fruits, salad bar, about 6 hot dishes. Service overall is efficient.
Old Aug 29, 2020, 2:21 pm

Anyone quarantined at this hotel? Are you able to get an upgrade?
Old Aug 29, 2020, 3:28 pm

Programs: United 1K
After booking, I received an email stating "There is no elite member benefit for quarantine package."

Last edited by Resonant Programmer; Aug 29, 2020 at 5:56 pm
Old Aug 29, 2020, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by Resonant Programmer
After booking, I was received an email stating "There is no elite member benefit for quarantine package."
oh interesting, did you just book directly on the marriott website with points or cash?
Old Aug 29, 2020, 5:57 pm

Programs: United 1K
I booked via the Marriott website with cash.
owous likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.