Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Is there no bonus in 2017 for staying in all 11 SPG Brands?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is there no bonus in 2017 for staying in all 11 SPG Brands?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2017, 1:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta - Gold; Starwood - Platinum; HHonors - Diamond & Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by betterbydesign
Surprise->announced promo->limbo, disappeared?

I think jumping to "entitled perk" is a little much. I'm about to book some business travel for the coming weeks, and it's simply:

A) with promo: try out some new hotels to get an extra brand (or 2 or 3)
B) without promo: optimize purely around usual priorities

I think it was a fun thing that encouraged me to spread my business around a little more.

I'm not going to bemoan it departing, but it was fun. Not enough of a "perk" to worry about, but fun!
I do that without the "published benefit" of this perk. I wanted to use in Chicago.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
A month later than this thread, and still nothing showing up for a brand bonus this year...

Affects my plans... sigh.
The promo wasn't even announced until Feb 18th last year. Why would you expect it any time before that if it were to be announced.

I will have my 11 brands done by Sunday, so a bonus would be nice if it happens. Enjoyed the stays at some new properties.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by KENNECTED
Why? This was never and entitled perk. It was initially a nice surprise.
Surprise->announced promo->limbo, disappeared?

I think jumping to "entitled perk" is a little much. I'm about to book some business travel for the coming weeks, and it's simply:

A) with promo: try out some new hotels to get an extra brand (or 2 or 3)
B) without promo: optimize purely around usual priorities

I think it was a fun thing that encouraged me to spread my business around a little more.
Exactly. It was a fun thing. A gift. People who apparently are/were expecting it again in 2017 and will be disappointed will not be receiving birthday presents from me, -- I don't want to sign up to give annual presents for life!!
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I think some of us were thinking of doing it as a swan song or farewell tour of Starwood before it's absorbed into Marriott. It would be a fun promo for the last year of SPG.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 8:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Exactly. It was a fun thing. A gift. People who apparently are/were expecting it again in 2017 and will be disappointed will not be receiving birthday presents from me, -- I don't want to sign up to give annual presents for life!!
LOL

I agree. Its a super cute and fun little perk but nothing to scream "devaluation" or "disillusion" of benefits.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 8:12 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I think some of us were thinking of doing it as a swan song or farewell tour of Starwood before it's absorbed into Marriott. It would be a fun promo for the last year of SPG.
Hopefully the marketing heads will come up with another "surprise" before we find out about a new, revamped or combined loyalty program.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Plat, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, WN Companion
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Ha! Yes, this exactly!

Lots of discussion about the presumed imminent dissolution of SPG around my office.

Maybe they should offer a signature cocktail for all Plats for the final quarter of the year as part of the mourning process...
Old Feb 17, 2017, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

Maybe they should offer a signature cocktail for all Plats for the final quarter of the year as part of the mourning process...
I'd be happy with a cocktail as part of a morning process.....
Old Feb 17, 2017, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
There are a few Starwood properties that include champagne in the buffet breakfast.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 9:20 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I'd be happy with a cocktail as part of a morning process.....
I think I'll have a Bloody Mary.......
Old Feb 18, 2017, 10:23 am

Was wondering this myself. I'm staying at a Luxury Collection hotel right now but in the area there is a cheap Design hotel. I'm debating checking in there to get a stay credit - wouldn't be too expensive and would check of one of the harder ones in case they did do the promo. Managed a Tribute collection earlier this year too. So with the hardest ones checked off I'm hoping they'll throw us another bone! If not, oh well.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 3:48 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Looks like I'll be staying in all brands in 2015 and 2017, when there was a bonus if you did so in 2014 and 2016. .... happens.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 11:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Exactly the same for me!
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Looks like I'll be staying in all brands in 2015 and 2017, when there was a bonus if you did so in 2014 and 2016. .... happens.
There was a bonus in 2015, just announced really late in the year so that it was nearly impossible to pick up any missing brands.

http://flyingpiggie.com/2015/12/star...r-more-brands/
Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: Try to be elite again... :)
No news? :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.