Search

Wedding at SPG hotel in 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2016, 11:39 am
formerly leemaj
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium and LTP, Hyatt Globalist, UA Gold, SW Companion Pass
Wedding at SPG hotel in 2017

I am planning on getting married at a Westin hotel in the US next year and wanted to see if there are any others here who have also planned a wedding (or booked a room block) at an SPG hotel. The contract is almost finalized and I wanted to get a sanity check here before I went through with it.

I found a promotion on the SPG website to get 1 point for every dollar of spend, and also to get points on the rooms, but is there anything else I should be asking for in terms of points?

http://www.starwoodpromos.com/weddings/offers
Old Dec 27, 2016, 12:28 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by leemaj
I am planning on getting married at a Westin hotel in the US next year and wanted to see if there are any others here who have also planned a wedding (or booked a room block) at an SPG hotel. The contract is almost finalized and I wanted to get a sanity check here before I went through with it.

I found a promotion on the SPG website to get 1 point for every dollar of spend, and also to get points on the rooms, but is there anything else I should be asking for in terms of points?

http://www.starwoodpromos.com/weddings/offers
I think you did pretty good. The only thing I would suggest is booking up to three rooms separately under your own account (outside the contract) and charging everything else that you can to your room to get the extra points and night/stay credits. Otherwise they will likely put all that to the "contract" and you'll only get 1 point per $. I know we had a large dinner one evening that was actually run through the restaurant and not catering so I got a lot of extra points charging that to my room instead of the wedding account. It's been a long time, but I think I was able to do the same thing with the bar bill from one of the other events we had too.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 5:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The contract should specify how points will be treated, including whether guests earn points on their own rooms that they pay personally.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 6:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
Originally Posted by spgplat21
I think you did pretty good. The only thing I would suggest is booking up to three rooms separately under your own account (outside the contract) and charging everything else that you can to your room to get the extra points and night/stay credits. Otherwise they will likely put all that to the "contract" and you'll only get 1 point per $.
+1

You could also get your spouse-to-be a SPG account and credit 3 rooms there as well. That's what my bride (SPG gold) and I did when we married at a Westin resort.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 11:37 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
+1

You could also get your spouse-to-be a SPG account and credit 3 rooms there as well. That's what my bride (SPG gold) and I did when we married at a Westin resort.
Absolutely! The OP should add their name to 3 rooms to be sure to get the stays/nights credits towards elite status. The OP can also add the spouse's name to 3 rooms to help the spouse get the same credit if that can help.

There is also an SPG Pro promotion that doubles eligible elite night credit:

https://www.spgpromos.com/DoubleDouble/

You need to enroll in SPG Pro to qualify. As an SPG Pro for many years, it's great. You'll earn points for the group rooms not in your name or spouse's name--as long as you're paying for the rooms or have that contracted.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 12:28 pm
formerly leemaj
Original Poster

Should I enroll in SPG pro for this offer? Would it take away from the additional points I would be receiving through starwood for booking the wedding? Or do they stack?

The wedding offers don't mention SPG Pro at all: http://www.starwoodpromos.com/weddings/terms
Old Dec 30, 2016, 12:29 pm
formerly leemaj
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bhrubin
Absolutely! The OP should add their name to 3 rooms to be sure to get the stays/nights credits towards elite status. The OP can also add the spouse's name to 3 rooms to help the spouse get the same credit if that can help.

There is also an SPG Pro promotion that doubles eligible elite night credit:

https://www.spgpromos.com/DoubleDouble/

You need to enroll in SPG Pro to qualify. As an SPG Pro for many years, it's great. You'll earn points for the group rooms not in your name or spouse's name--as long as you're paying for the rooms or have that contracted.
Should I enroll in SPG pro for this offer? Would it take away from the additional points I would be receiving through starwood for booking the wedding? Or do they stack?

The wedding offers don't mention SPG Pro at all: http://www.starwoodpromos.com/weddings/terms
Old Dec 30, 2016, 12:32 pm
Suspended
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by leemaj

Actually, it looks the wedding offer (3x points/$1 for room revenue) may be better than the SPG Pro offer even with promo bonus (2x points/$3 for all revenue)...depending on your room consumption and other catering budgets. Call and ask if in doubt!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.