200th Night

Old Dec 11, 16, 11:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines Gold75K, Starwood Platinum, Sandals Platinum
200th Night

Long time lurker, as they say...first time poster.

Last night was my 200th night in 2016 in Starwood hotels. As I thought about who I could share such a milestone with, I realized that the only people who might possibly care are right here at FT.

Do I get two Ambassadors now?
Old Dec 11, 16, 11:54 am

Very cool! What do you do with all the points?

Congrats and Welcome to FlyerTalk! ^
Old Dec 11, 16, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

I spend them on family trips and date nights. :)

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10 View Post
Very cool! What do you do with all the points?

Congrats and Welcome to FlyerTalk! ^
I started banking them again recently in anticipation of an anniversary trip next year.
Old Dec 11, 16, 4:23 pm

Programs: United Global Services 2MM, Marriott Ambassador, AMEX Platinum, Global Entry/NEXUS
Originally Posted by Cloudchaser View Post
Long time lurker, as they say...first time poster.

Last night was my 200th night in 2016 in Starwood hotels. As I thought about who I could share such a milestone with, I realized that the only people who might possibly care are right here at FT.

Do I get two Ambassadors now?
Congratulations! I just cleared 103 nights this year, my hat is off to you.
Old Dec 11, 16, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, LT PLT; QR PLT; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Cloudchaser View Post
Last night was my 200th night in 2016 in Starwood hotels.
Wow. I hope that a reasonable percentage of these nights were at higher end places like StR, LC or W.

I just hit 100, and will have two more nights before the end of the year. 2016 will be my third year at 100+ nights, I believe.

200 nights in one year? I don't know what your living/family situation is, but maybe it would be cheaper to give up your apartment or sell your condo/house and just live at Starwood. When you're doing the math, don't forget the free nights you earn, too!
Old Dec 11, 16, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
My commiserations
Old Dec 12, 16, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH View Post
200 nights in one year? I don't know what your living/family situation is, but maybe it would be cheaper to give up your apartment or sell your condo/house and just live at Starwood. When you're doing the math, don't forget the free nights you earn, too!
the nights i spend at home with family are quite cherished & i wouldn't give it up for all the points & free nights in the world (i'm sure saying this on ft is blasphemy )....

will end the year with:

116 nights with spg....
5 nights with ihg....
5 nights with hilton....
25 nights with marriott....
17 nights with trident hotels....
16 nights with mayfair hotels....
4 nights with other boutique hotels....

188 total hotel nights for the year....

every year i tell myself that this year i will travel less but it just hasn't worked out....next year however looks good for me as we have just inducted a new partner at my firm who is expected to take over some of the travel responsibility from me....i expect my travel to come down by 25-30% at least....if it works out then the following years could see a further reduction....i've been doing the heavy travel bit for 10 years....will be quite happy to give it up now....
Old Dec 12, 16, 6:58 pm
Suspended
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Wow! 200 nights! I'm at 126 nights with SPG, with my final 3 nights coming up this weekend at the StR San Francisco.

I often get credit for 3 rooms/stay to help boost my elite nights/stays. I hope our OP does, too! (I'm at 66 stays.)

And 188 total nights on the road is pretty crazy, too, Keyser! I definitely hope you can travel enough next year to stay Plat100 but not so much with other hotels.
Old Dec 12, 16, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by bhrubin View Post
And 188 total nights on the road is pretty crazy, too, Keyser! I definitely hope you can travel enough next year to stay Plat100 but not so much with other hotels.
a lot of my stays are at places where there are no spg properties so i have to end up staying somewhere else....

next year will be my 10th year as plat so i will reach lifetime plat before the program merges....don't know whether marriott will retain the ambassador service or lifetime service but i'll continue to stay as per usual till i hear otherwise....should easily be able to retain plat 100....
Old Dec 13, 16, 9:53 am

Programs: AirNZ Gold Elite, Marco Polo Gold, Qantas
Lifetime platinum

Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
a lot of my stays are at places where there are no spg properties so i have to end up staying somewhere else....

next year will be my 10th year as plat so i will reach lifetime plat before the program merges....don't know whether marriott will retain the ambassador service or lifetime service but i'll continue to stay as per usual till i hear otherwise....should easily be able to retain plat 100....
Well done! I hit 10 years of Starwood Platinum last year but was then made redundant so haven't used it since! I haven't followed what changes Marriott have made since taking over Starwood but hope they don't drop it! I'm impressed with Cloudchaser reaching 200 nights in Starwood and will be interested in whether Starwood treat that as a milestone of sorts?
Old Dec 13, 16, 10:47 am

Programs: UA 1k, US Airways Silver, SPG PLT, Marriot Gold, Hertz PC
Will end the year with:

107 @ SPG
98 @ Marriott

Seeing the final numbers makes me very sad, actually
Old Dec 13, 16, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Heathrow Rewards Premium, Tesco Clubcard, Amazon Prime
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
next year however looks good for me as we have just inducted a new partner at my firm who is expected to take over some of the travel responsibility from me....i expect my travel to come down by 25-30% at least....if it works out then the following years could see a further reduction....i've been doing the heavy travel bit for 10 years....will be quite happy to give it up now....
Finally and good for you

Your family will no doubt be pleased
Old Dec 14, 16, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH View Post
Wow. I hope that a reasonable percentage of these nights were at higher end places like StR, LC or W.

I just hit 100, and will have two more nights before the end of the year. 2016 will be my third year at 100+ nights, I believe.

Too many complications for all of that! Plus, the wife and kids need somewhere to stay while I'm on the road.

Yeah, she's pretty amazing; I agree.
Old Dec 14, 16, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Raygun888 View Post
Well done! I hit 10 years of Starwood Platinum last year but was then made redundant so haven't used it since! I haven't followed what changes Marriott have made since taking over Starwood but hope they don't drop it! I'm impressed with Cloudchaser reaching 200 nights in Starwood and will be interested in whether Starwood treat that as a milestone of sorts?
I was wondering about that, too. I'm still checked in, so once the current stay is complete, it'll show 206 nights or whatever and I was curious as to whether it's something that Starwood notices or cares about. My Ambassador mentioned that she had never seen anyone reach 200 nights, so didn't really know what would happen...

I'll update if anything does happen.
Old Dec 14, 16, 2:52 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Lifetime Marriott Plat & Ambassador
2016 120 nights so far with SPG, 4 more nights booked till the end of year.

Search this Thread