Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

[PREOPENING] Excited for upcoming St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Archived]

[PREOPENING] Excited for upcoming St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort [Archived]

Old Jul 23, 2016, 10:16 am

Just booked a garden villa for 5 nights in January for 126K points TOTAL. Considering the W is 90k/night for the basic room, that is an outrageously good deal.

Honeymoonin' in the Maldives!
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DCAcubsfan
How many points if you don't mind me asking?
130K points for 5 nights! Which is insane, almost 10 cents per point at the going rates.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

next june, should be low season (USD$) >

1587 garden
1777 overwater
1967 beach
2109 sunset overwater
2347 'st regis suite'
2822 2BR
5387 2BR beach
11087 3BR caronline astor estate
20587 3BR john jacob astor estate

not a sham when giant pool villas vs hotels with tiny rooms
expensive cities have hotels that charge fortune for tiny rooms

some new luxury in maldives are all pool, getting rid of lower categories
maldives (and elsewhere) rates continue to skyrocket, especially holiday

boats can be arranged between maldives resorts (distances arent far)

Cheetah_SA, that is how (online) reservations, soft openings, etc, work

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 24, 2016 at 1:01 am
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by DPoulnot
Just booked a garden villa for 5 nights in January for 126K points TOTAL. Considering the W is 90k/night for the basic room, that is an outrageously good deal.

Awesome deal and thanks for the heads up! I ended up booking 5 nights as well and looking forward to another February trip in the Maldives.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 9:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
wow this is too good a deal to pass up. just booked two 5 night stays in Dec and Jan. Thanks for the heads up!
Old Jul 24, 2016, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

currently SPG7S (upgraded room) will clearly not remain there since all pool villa
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...ml#post6854909

maldives rates are insane over xmas/nye
st regis holiday $2850, peak after that $2470

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 24, 2016 at 11:24 am
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold

Well done!

Be foreawarned, however, that almost all new hotels, even luxury hotels such as St Regis or FS or Pen or MO or even Aman, inordinately will have first year wrinkles and miscues that take time to iron out. It's fantastic to get hotel opening deals...but don't forget the reasons there are deals in the first place! Set expectations accordingly, especially when it comes to service and food/beverage.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: Miles&More Senator , EX-SPG Platinum now Bonvoy LTP, IC Platinum , Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I can't even find a single night on points. Did you call SPG to get this?
In any case congratz if it's true!
Old Jul 24, 2016, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

how far in advance can award be booked?

did they fix it already?
Old Jul 26, 2016, 12:03 pm

For 130K you could have an over water.

I just canceled my park hyatt maldives booking to this for 32500 a night for an overwater villa. First off, I am confirmed in an overwater with out having to pay an upgrade like I would have at the Park Hyatt. Also, the hotel is only 1 45 min seaplane away from Male, while the Park Hyatt is a plane ride plus a boat ride. This helps us maximize our time in the Maldives after the rest of our honeymoon touring japan/singapore. Also, if I'm not mistaken ALL rooms here have their own pools.

So excited.

thanks everyone for all the info. I had a reminder to check back for points on this property late August but glad I stumbled on all this now.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by beastieb

I just canceled my park hyatt maldives booking to this for 32500 a night for an overwater villa. First off, I am confirmed in an overwater with out having to pay an upgrade like I would have at the Park Hyatt. Also, the hotel is only 1 45 min seaplane away from Male, while the Park Hyatt is a plane ride plus a boat ride. This helps us maximize our time in the Maldives after the rest of our honeymoon touring japan/singapore. Also, if I'm not mistaken ALL rooms here have their own pools.

So excited.

thanks everyone for all the info. I had a reminder to check back for points on this property late August but glad I stumbled on all this now.
How did you confirm overwater? They told me only garden villa available
Old Jul 26, 2016, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by beastieb

So excited.
This is a major 'to each his/her own' moment, but the overwater villas look too crowded to me. The resort told me that the garden villas are the most secluded and they look to have pretty large pools with them so I think that's most appropriate for us. I'm hoping to get bumped to a beach villa for 1-2 nights, but I'm not holding my breath.

We're honeymooning, as well! It's India for us first though. Have a great time!
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by BobbySteel
How did you confirm overwater? They told me only garden villa available
Not sure exactly, but there was availability for what seemed all room types on my dates. That being said, garden was available for c+p for 15,750 a night plus 200 something cash or 31,500 points. Overwater was 32,500 points, no c+p options. Beach and Sunset over water villas were also available but significantly more points than the other two options, like almost double; but I don't remember the exact amounts.

I doubt these rates will stay being that a night at the W Maldives is like 90K/night. My guess is this might just be the rates while its newly opened and they will adjust at some point to be more in line with the w. When I first starting looking at the award options for the Maldives, the W came up and I was shocked by how many points it was to redeem an award night there so when I came across the St Regis would be opening soon I assumed it would be more points than the W and didn't think it would be a possibility. I also now have less than 100 star points left in my account.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 6:20 pm

This is a major 'to each his/her own' moment, but the overwater villas look too crowded to me. The resort told me that the garden villas are the most secluded and they look to have pretty large pools with them so I think that's most appropriate for us. I'm hoping to get bumped to a beach villa for 1-2 nights, but I'm not holding my breath.

Totally understood, that makes sense. Either way all the options look amazing. Congrats! and have a great honeymoon.
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:05 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold

OW bungalows/villas in the Maldives are also notoriously poor at staying cool during the day, even with great air con, due to the very warm water and air temps. (The Indian Ocean is much warmer than other oceans on average.) So you may dodge a bullet regardless by being on the island!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.