Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

How long does it take to transfer Starpoints to Marriott?

How long does it take to transfer Starpoints to Marriott?

Old Apr 9, 18, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Plat, SPG P75, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
So there's definitely something going on there, but it's not necessarily that the points weren't transferring instantly.
Just transferred 100K SPG-points to Marriott, and it took maybe five minutes for them to show up in my Marriott-Account...

Greetings - Dirk
Old Apr 17, 18, 6:32 pm

Programs: Qantas, Air New Zealand GE, SPG
Originally Posted by MichaelColey View Post
After 3 hours, the balance still hadn't changed. (I had logged off and back on numerous times since that used to be necessary.)

I checked closer and discovered that it appears to just be the points balance in the header that wasn't updating.

When I went to Activity, it showed the points being added there. When I went to the reservation and requested a certificate, it seemed a little quirky, saying I needed more points, but when I logged out and back in again, it showed my correct balance (minutes the points from the certificate) and the reservation shows a certificate.

So there's definitely something going on there, but it's not necessarily that the points weren't transferring instantly.
Thanks for alerting me to this quirk. My balance in the header didn't show the points transfer and the points were there under Activity, so I rang the call centre to get a hotel and air package immediately. Unfortunately the hotel I wanted to book was only coming up with non cancellable bookings so hopefully I can use the hotel ct for a more flexible hotel booking. I'm just glad to get the cat 9 hotel ct with all the changes going on!!
Old Apr 17, 18, 8:17 pm

had that same issue with the updated balance showing in the header, but not throughout the site and when making a points rez, it claimed I didn't have enough points. (though you don't actually need the points until 7 days prior to the stay when they will automatically order the e-cert for the award as far as I understand it.)

Eventually I got it to work. Deleting all Marriott related cookies might help, but never got that far. Not even sure of that because I did try two different browsers and incognito session and they all had the issue.

-David
Old Apr 19, 18, 6:43 am

Location: UAL PP/2MM, SPG LT PLT75, Marriott LT Plat, IHG Spire
Did a 15K transfer SPG to Marriott 30 minutes ago and still waiting. I checked header and activity. This is disappointing because it used to be instantaneous.

Update: I checked the app and could see the points there, so I was able to book.

Last edited by JNelson113; Apr 19, 18 at 6:53 am
Old Apr 19, 18, 1:39 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott Plat, IC RA, Hyatt DM, HH DM
It's instant, the mobile app reflects it right away.

You may need to empty your browser cache for it to show on web.
Old Apr 21, 18, 8:37 am

I transferred almost 100K SPG points last night. They didn't transfer instantly. The app showed the points immediately. When I checked this morning, the points were there. I tried different browsers too.
Old May 8, 18, 5:00 pm

Programs: DL Plat
transferred points 4 hours ago and not showing in the app or website yet

shows as activity in the app but not the website though
Old May 9, 18, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL MM
What Miloworld said. Worked instantaneously.
Old Jun 7, 18, 10:00 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
My wife and I each did transfers this morning. Six hours and nothing yet in the Marriott accounts. We do not use the app, so not sure if it's showing up there.
Old Jul 19, 18, 12:06 pm

Transferred a couple thousand points yesterday. Received confirmation email from SPG. 12 hours later, points are still not in Marriott account and I don't see changes in activity or aggregate point count on the Marriott side. Not a happy camper
Old Jul 19, 18, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
I did a transfer this morning to Marriott (90K pts) and it was pretty much instant (5 mins). I then transferred some leftover points from Marriott to SPG and again they took less than 5 mins.