Last edit by: TravelinSperry
Code:
http://www.bookbrg.com/
Print Wikipost

Tools for finding BRG deals

Old Nov 24, 2016, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SC Alum
Searched hotels in Jakarta, and all the Marriott hotels were between $1 to $3. Still needs work.
Could you provide a link on your search? My guess is something wrong with the currency conversion function.

P.S. I'm studying at USC right now
Old Nov 24, 2016, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
P.S. If you want to make a truly brilliant / different BRG tool, offer a calendar search or similar so that people can see the lowest BRG-able rate for a specific hotel over a longer period of time. Both on a nightly or multiple night basis.

Give me an easy way to look for the cheapest mattress runs at my local Four Points and your tool immediately becomes a must-use.

Of course the IT for that must be much harder...
Thanks for the feedback. Yes a calendar-based display requires a lot of coding and lot of searching...

One feature I am planning to integrate into this site is some subscribe functionality. User can subscribe to a certain location/hotel and select a period of time they are interested in (I am thinking to support only fixed check-in/check-out date, so it would be more efficient, and most people are travelling on some schedule).

What do you think of my idea?
Old Nov 24, 2016, 1:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by danger
Great tool but I would also second this point. Prices for all goods and services in Australia, for example, must include the 10% GST right from go (ie. not an added extra like in the US), even when quoted, for example, in US dollars. The big sites like hotel.com don't include this 10% in their first page, only at the final step.
thanks for pointing out that tax issue. I didn't noticed it because I lived in US and seems search results inside US already got tax included. I'll look into this issue and see if there is an quick fix
Old Nov 24, 2016, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all for providing feedback for my website. Really appreciate you guys using the website

Currently there is no 'team' for this website, only myself is developing and maintaining it (and only doing this in my part time). So I must apologize here that not all the feature requests will be implemented and bug fixes maybe very slow...

Feedback are still more than welcome here. And I really like to see someone could share their their success BRG stories here, while using this website

Cheers!
Old Nov 24, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Yifan, take a look at uriel888's thread with a similar tool (that is no longer maintained). It has a list of VAT-included countries in there, as well as some other helpful issues/tips. Your efforts are certainly appreciated!

P.S. - I will ask that if you ever decide to abandon the tool (or FlyerTalk), if you can please publish it to GitHub so that someone can take over development and maintenance of it. :-D
Old Nov 25, 2016, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jibi
Yifan, take a look at uriel888's thread with a similar tool (that is no longer maintained). It has a list of VAT-included countries in there, as well as some other helpful issues/tips. Your efforts are certainly appreciated!

P.S. - I will ask that if you ever decide to abandon the tool (or FlyerTalk), if you can please publish it to GitHub so that someone can take over development and maintenance of it. :-D
Hi jibi,

Thanks for letting me know that thread. I didn't know there was a tool there LOL

I think it is a good idea to publish it to github if I can't find time to maintain it. But for now I am actively developing and maintaining this site
Old Nov 25, 2016, 7:40 am

Good idea but to get a real BRG approved you need other websites than the big ones (expedia group, booking, priceline,...)
Old Nov 25, 2016, 9:03 am

Trying matching the hotel address or phone in addition to the name.
Old Nov 25, 2016, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shimon
Trying matching the hotel address or phone in addition to the name.
good idea,

Right now I'm using a relative simple method to match hotel. I'm thinking to change it to some more complex method to do so and fix the hotels with no good match by hand
Old Nov 25, 2016, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fuyao
Good idea but to get a real BRG approved you need other websites than the big ones (expedia group, booking, priceline,...)
sorry not sure what you mean... I thought it would be enough to get just one price that is lower than official sites (and in my previous post, that price is preferably from big ones...)
Old Nov 25, 2016, 10:25 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Yifan, I sent you a PM.
Old Nov 26, 2016, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jibi
Yifan, I sent you a PM.
Thanks!
Old Nov 26, 2016, 8:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nldogbert
Btw: Not sure how this website is different to Trivago, kayak, hipmunk, etc...
It only shows hotel brands in a few hotel programs.

Those other sites are filled with "litter" from zillions of indie hotels.

Kayak will let you filter for "all Marriott brands", but you have to re-enter that filter after every search (tedious if you're searching multiple dates), and I know of no way to filter for "all Marriott and Hilton and SPG brands".

Some of those other sites, it's even harder to filter (for a whole program, as opposed to just one brand or one property) than at Kayak!

I guess if you're trying to BRG only one specific hotel, there might less of a difference.

But if you're trying to see if you can use BRG to find any cheaper hotel in the same program (say, in an area where there are lots of hotels in the same program in a similar area, and you'll have a rental car and don't care exactly in which area you stay), they're very tedious for that kind of search, and the OP's website is much easier.

Ie, in SPG terms, I might be interested in which hotel in a given area I can get the cheapest among 2 Four Points, 4 Sheratons, a Westin, etc, and want to see if a BRG will change which of those is cheapest (from what spg.com shows).
Old Nov 29, 2016, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Update: the brand filter is available now
Old Nov 29, 2016, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by Yifan Chen
Could you provide a link on your search? My guess is something wrong with the currency conversion function.

P.S. I'm studying at USC right now
SC = University of South Carolina
USC = University of Southern California

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.