Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Nanea Ocean Villas, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westin Nanea Ocean Villas, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2016, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by AJDem
Just received an e-mail about the new Westin in Maui, with an offer for a 6 night stay:

**I should mention this place is opening in the summer of 2017**

Edit: also, any fees with this package i should be aware of? Doesn't mention any
The resort fee is covered in the package, however, there is a $10 nightly parking fee that is NOT covered.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 4:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
One thing is to dig down deep into the offer details is if 5K points or $75/night credit is all you're getting.

There was a thread recently where someone took an offer (also think in Hawaii) & he needed the night/stay credit to hit Plat & all he ended up w/ was flat 5K points & no n/s credit. It was in the small 'fine print', but the restrictions were there.

Don't know if that's the case w/ your offer, but again dig down into the T&Cs.

Cheers.
Correct. These are not eligible for night / stay credit, and no elite benefits are honored.

Still, with the value they offer, especially in high season, it's well worth it imo.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 7:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by joeypore
Correct. These are not eligible for night / stay credit, and no elite benefits are honored.

Still, with the value they offer, especially in high season, it's well worth it imo.
And your comment about it still being worth it even w/o the credit is totally valid.

My point, which I think you agree w/, is to dig down into the fine print so someone doesn't book thinking they're getting one thing & then find out they're not (especially if the nights/stay credit is important to status).

Cheers.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:50 am

Are these available on points? If so what are the rates?
Old Jan 19, 2017, 9:56 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Are these available on points? If so what are the rates?
Villa rentals are available for points. The package deal shown above is not.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:22 pm

Hi,

I just got this offer in the mail as well, and it looks really intriguing.

Does anyone how the car rental portion works? Do you get a discount code for the specified amount to book the car with Avis, and you pay anything in excess of that? Or do they have a negotiated rate with Avis and will take care of the booking ($186 for an intermediate car for 6 days seems quite low)? Thanks!
Old Feb 2, 2017, 3:31 am

I just got back from a stay at the Sheraton right down the road, and did the Nanea timeshare presentation for 15k SPG points! well worth it for 90 minutes of my time, and they weren't even that pushy
Old Mar 8, 2017, 1:37 am

Do people think this place is going to open on time? Deciding btwn booking here and the Westin kanapali

Originally Posted by rendanator
I just got back from a stay at the Sheraton right down the road, and did the Nanea timeshare presentation for 15k SPG points! well worth it for 90 minutes of my time, and they weren't even that pushy
Old Mar 8, 2017, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
When are you looking to go? It's currently supposed to open April 15. I seem to recall that the North property opened on time, and being this close to the proposed date, I can't imagine it would slip more than a week or two.

If I were going, I'd have no worries if my reservation was May 1 or later, and only minor concerns before then.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 11:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by CPRich
When are you looking to go? It's currently supposed to open April 15. I seem to recall that the North property opened on time, and being this close to the proposed date, I can't imagine it would slip more than a week or two.

If I were going, I'd have no worries if my reservation was May 1 or later, and only minor concerns before then.
Only part of the property will open in April. Construction will continue on the rest of the property with hopes to have everything open in August.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

True, but rgm18 seems to be worried about the opening being delayed past his/her reservation date. I.e., make a reservation for April 17-20 with the defined April 15 open date, but the open gets pushed back a week due to unforeseen delays.

rgm18, I assume you've checked that the rooms you want are available on the dates you need - it's mostly 2BR's that are available.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by CPRich
True, but rgm18 seems to be worried about the opening being delayed past his/her reservation date. I.e., make a reservation for April 17-20 with the defined April 15 open date, but the open gets pushed back a week due to unforeseen delays.

rgm18, I assume you've checked that the rooms you want are available on the dates you need - it's mostly 2BR's that are available.
Yes, I was only indicating that the entire property would not open for several more months.

As far as staying at the property in April, the guests will still have quite a bit of construction ongoing within close proximity. The part of the property that will not open until August still has no exterior walls.
Old Mar 11, 2017, 8:02 am

i was thinking of going in mid april, right around opening...do you think they will be open?

also, i would love to get one of those offers for 5 nights for the timeshare preview for the future that people mentioned. anyone know how to get one of those?!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by rgm18
i was thinking of going in mid april, right around opening...do you think they will be open?
I wish I had taken photos of the property this past week. If you elect to stay right after opening, you will be staying in a building of the property which will literally be less than 50 yards from a construction zone. There is so much construction that the sales force is not even allowed to provide tours of the soon to be opened building to prospective buyers. Do you really want to stay in the midst of construction and be in Hawaii surrounded by landscaping that has been in the ground for no more than six weeks?

If it were me, I would opt to stay next door at The Westin Ocean Resort Villas or Ocean Resort Villas North.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Property is now open. Time to convert to a [Master Thread]?

Today we’re pleased to announce the highly anticipated opening of The Westin Nanea Ocean Villas, our newest Westin Vacation Club resort on Maui
Today there are 190 one-, two- and three-bedroom villas available, with 200 more villas expected to be complete in early 2018.
I'd probably stay at the North property, all else being equal. But we stayed at the north within a few months of its opening and had no construction issues. And North availability can be mighty slim.

Looking back at the original question - no doubt I'd take this over the Westin. Heck, I would (and did) take the Sheraton over the Westin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.