Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Westin Maui Resort - Looking for a cheaper way to stay?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Hi, sorry for the very specific question, but we'd really like to stay at the Westin Maui Resort (not the Beach Villas), and it's $400 a night. I tried to see how many points it would take to get there but apparently using points is not even an option. Does anyone have any other ideas other than paying over $3,000 for a week there?
Old Sep 20, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Plat (earned as Starwood), Canadian Amex Plat & resulting statuses, WestJet Silver
That property is not worth $400 a night IMO. If you can't find a better rate, I'd look elsewhere.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 3:49 pm

Programs: SPG
The Sheraton just down the beach you can use a z6r rate at and probably save some cash. I just stayed there on this rate and liked it better than the Westin. If it has to be the Westin, good luck as it sounds like resort view rooms are sold out.
Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

use points for upgraded room or suite?

their timeshares dont have access to it?

if rack rates, SPG50?

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Sep 22, 2016 at 8:06 am
Old Sep 21, 2016, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA LTP, Bonvoy LTT,
FWIW I highly recommend the Sheraton over Westin in Maui. The Sheraton is less congested and treats Plats very well. Staff from the front desk to the restaurants and even the pool/towel shack are all well informed of the Plat perks.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 6:01 pm

see Sheraton, fence, and pool

I'd never stay at the Sheraton
Old Sep 26, 2016, 1:56 am

You could call Spg. Sometime they can uncover some specials

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.