SPG AmEx offer : Westin spend $250 get $50

Old Sep 16, 2016, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
It sucks that this offer is on the regular Amex, but not the Starwood Amex. But it makes sense actually. The marketing people are after those who don't already stay often at Westin's so it wouldn't make sense for them to offer this on the SPG Amex.

It would have been nice to get the $50 as I just checked out of a Westin!
Old Sep 16, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by stimpy
It sucks that this offer is on the regular Amex, but not the Starwood Amex. But it makes sense actually. The marketing people are after those who don't already stay often at Westin's so it wouldn't make sense for them to offer this on the SPG Amex.

It would have been nice to get the $50 as I just checked out of a Westin!
See 2 posts above yours for info on how to get it using Twitter.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sam P. Goodman
See 2 posts above yours for info on how to get it using Twitter.
Yes, I meant in the normal offers that one sees. Not everyone uses Twitter. But yes I did in this case, however my SPG Amex billing cycle just closed so I don't think it could take effect from the Westin charge that just posted a couple days ago.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
FYI-if going the twitter route, just use the #AmexWestin hashtag and you'll immediately get a reply with a link to register. I got overly cute and referenced SPG and AMEX in my tweet. SPG replied that they had no idea what I was talking about. AMEX replied that they looked into it and confirmed I was registered. I feel like I just wasted a lot of corporate man/woman hours...
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:52 am

Programs: UA 1MM
For those unfamiliar with the Twitter route, you first have to link your AmEx card to your Twitter account. Go to http://www.amexoffers.com/ to do this.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I too used Twitter to enroll in this promo. It makes sense that it's not listed on the Starwood Amex card - after all Westin is likely trying to get new customers, not just give back $50 to people who stay at Westin anyway.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 12:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist
Doesn't say in the terms if it has to be a one-time $250 like the Sheraton offer or not..

Might make a few of my mattress runs easier if it can be broken down into multiple.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I assume i can charge hotel bill to several amex cards at checkout at $250 apiece right?
(never done that at spg hotels - just want to make sure)
Old Sep 16, 2016, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeebus
For those unfamiliar with the Twitter route, you first have to link your AmEx card to your Twitter account. Go to http://www.amexoffers.com/ to do this.
Actually you don't have to do that first. If you use that hashtag, you will get a link that will bring you to the page to link your Amex acct and then automatically register your card for this promo.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Well, I muddled through and got it done! Thanks for the help. ^
Old Sep 16, 2016, 5:56 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by meraki1990
Doesn't say in the terms if it has to be a one-time $250 like the Sheraton offer or not..

Might make a few of my mattress runs easier if it can be broken down into multiple.
Here are the T&C's https://sync.americanexpress.com/twi...6E77EF7FA75491

It doesn't say - but I'd guess it'll take one charge rather than multiple during the time period. Just my guess though.
Old Sep 21, 2016, 9:25 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
AMEX Offer - Westin® Hotels & Resorts - Spend $250 - Get $50 (Not targeted)

Enroll via Twitter (@amexoffers #AmexWestin) if offer does not appear on your card. US AMEX card must be linked to Twitter account.

Details
Get a 1X $50 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $250+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with Westin Hotels & Resorts from 9/15/16 to 12/14/16. See terms for exclusions. View Locations Nearby

Terms
Reservations must be made online at Westin.com, via one of the SPG mobile apps or by calling 800-937-8461. Offer only valid at Westin® Hotels & Resorts in the US and US territories. Offer not valid at the Park Central Hotel in San Francisco. Excludes Sheraton® Hotels & Resorts, W® Hotels, St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection® Hotels & Resorts, Le Méridien®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft® Hotels, Element® by Westin and Design Hotels™. Offer does not apply to Westin Well-Being, Westin Store, Westin Residences and Westin Vacation Club resorts (vacation ownership resorts), including (but not limited to), (i) The Westin Kierland Villas, Scottsdale, (ii) The Westin Desert Willow Villas, Palm Desert, (iii) The Westin Mission Hills Resort Villas, Palm Springs, (iv) The Westin Riverfront Mountain Villas, Beaver Creek Mountain, (v) The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas, (vi) The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas North, (vii) The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas and (viii) The Westin St. John Resort & Villas. Excludes vacation ownership purchases. Offer only valid on room rate and room charges. Offer not valid for stays that are paid for before or after the promotion start and end dates. Please note that hotels, car rental companies, cruise lines do not accept prepaid cards for charges authorized in advance, although prepaid cards may be used to settle the final bill. Check to make sure prepaid cards are accepted before attempting to use your prepaid card to take advantage of offers for these merchants. Corporate Cards are not eligible for this offer. Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/14/2016, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CCXS:0001
Old Sep 23, 2016, 2:13 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, LH, AF/KLM, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Enroll by Twitter no longer an option at this point--max number of offers filled.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
I did my Westin stay a couple of days ago. My room and tax added up to $222.93. Went to the gift shop and bought 3 bags of macadamia nuts which where on sale for $8.99 each plus tax. Total bill $251.17. Over budget by $1.17.

Thank you OP and other posters who coached me along for the $50 statement credit!!! ^^^

I even got an email notification from Amex when the hotel put a tentative charge through on my card at check in.

Great news! You just used your Amex Offer

Thank you for using your American Express® Card ending in XXXXX at WESTIN HOTEL. You will have successfully redeemed the offer if your purchase meets the offer terms.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
I got, "Sorry, max # of Card Members have enrolled in #AmexWestin offer!" However I did find one for $40 off $200 at Renaissance hotels: #AmexRenHotels . Also, before doing anything else, I changed my Twitter link from my HHonors Amex to SPG Amex.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.