Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

Try your luck on this promo [Targeted, via email / dashboard]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: PTahCha
Targeted promotion. Register at: https://www.spgpromos.com/selectmemberexclusive/

For stays from 15 August to 15 November after registration. Must register by 15 October 11:59pm Eastern Time. Not retroactive for stays before registration.

Double Elite Qualifying Nights/Stays T&C
  • Free award nights and cash & points nights are not eligible.
  • Eligible nights based on actual date.
  • Eligible stay based on check-in date, not check-out. (i.e., Stays started before 15 August but check-out after 15 August are not eligible)
  • Bonus elite qualifying nights do not count toward lifetime status nights
  • If the member qualified for elite status solely on the bonus stays/nights and did not rack up sufficient "real" stays/nights, then the elite status does not count toward the lifetime count.

https://www.spgpromos.com/selectmemb...C_PART_SCD_ENG
Print Wikipost

Try your luck on this promo [Targeted, via email / dashboard]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2016, 11:59 pm

nothing as always. Thanks for nothing spg
Old Aug 12, 2016, 3:04 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Cool

Originally Posted by djkyyc
I am not eligible. 86 nights so far this year with roughly 24 planned over the promo period.

Probably time to dip my toe further into my backup program and go the next 2 months SPG free.
A back up pool is a great thing to have! I am at 22 stays 22 nights with SPG ytd. So since all SPG promos have been for multi night stayers I diversified abd got top status in 2 other programs while waiting for more suitable promos from my favorite program SPG now I am set to be covered in pretty much any city in the world

Now if only SPG would target me in Q4 then perhaps I will go 50night but at this rate regular old platinum will seem to do

I just wish SPG would do promos for single nighters too, but its their game and MY money 😃😉
Old Aug 12, 2016, 5:12 am

nothing again
Old Aug 12, 2016, 6:18 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
first time i was targeted for the member exclusives ever,....
Old Aug 13, 2016, 6:47 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
2k at 2 stay, 4k at 4 stays, 6k at 6 stays..... i'll take it
Old Aug 13, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
I got this today after nothing in previous days.

Book and you’ll earn 2,000 bonus Starpoints on your second stay, 2,500 on your third stay and 3,000 on your fourth stay — up to a maximum of 7,500 Starpoints.
Old Aug 13, 2016, 10:46 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by PTahCha
According to promo T&C, the bonus nights do not count toward lifetime nights. Also, if elite status is earned using bonus nights, and the member does not have "real" stays to qualify for elite status, then the elite status does not count toward the lifetime count.
Worth emphasising this for anyone aiming for Lifetime status :

1) the bonus double night credits do NOT count towards the total nights (250 for LT Gold, 500 for LT Plat) requirement.
2) If you include your double credits to earn or renew elite stats, the whole year will NOT count towards the total years (5 years elite for LT Gold, 10 years Plat for LT Plat) requirement. You must still earn elite status the normal way for the year to count.

Originally Posted by T&Cs
The bonus elite qualifying nights that post to the member's account as result of the offer will not count toward SPG Lifetime™ status nights requirements. Members upgraded to elite status solely as a result of the bonus elite qualifying stays or nights posted will not have a year of elite status count toward SPG Lifetime qualification, unless the member achieves the typical required stays and nights needed for elite status.
I don't recall : is this different from similar double-credit promotions in previous years where the bonus stays/nights DID count for LT earning ? I sense there may be trouble ahead for members who aren't aware of this and subsequently find out their nights/years are discounted when they think they have reached LT status.

Last edited by Oxon Flyer; Aug 13, 2016 at 10:58 am
Old Aug 13, 2016, 5:32 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Make that another member exclusive that I am ineligible for (I'm batting .000). With this and my entirely WORTHLESS Ambassador, I wonder why I continue to give Starwood any business.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 12:11 am

Programs: spg plat, krisflyer
me too. no targetted promos. any other plats received any targetted promos from spg?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Kenny Kuek
me too. no targetted promos. any other plats received any targetted promos from spg?
From what I have read in this thread, many other Plats were targetted, myself included.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 4:32 am
kkl

Anyone get it on the corp guest program aka spg gold lite?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 4:51 am

Programs: spg plat, krisflyer
Originally Posted by Epicura
From what I have read in this thread, many other Plats were targetted, myself included.
oh which promos did u guys get?

i'm already at my 19th stay and 41st night ytd so i didnt get any of the 2/4/6th stay or 6/12/18th stay bonus points promo...
Old Aug 14, 2016, 6:04 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Cool

Originally Posted by Kenny Kuek
oh which promos did u guys get?

i'm already at my 19th stay and 41st night ytd so i didnt get any of the 2/4/6th stay or 6/12/18th stay bonus points promo...
This thread is filled with examples...

Alot of plats got targetted and many of us plats got zip its the way SPG is doing these promos

Just wish they would atleast offer general promos for single night stays too but not in the stars
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Plat, UA GS
Any word on non-participating properties? They mention 1300 properties but there is no list of excluded or included ones that I can find.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Wow I missed the email on this I guess so happy I saw this thread, put in my number and got the below 6/6/6 offer, the wording on the text was confusing...they want to bring me back? I'm at 90 nights so far so its not like I haven't been coming back, and back but happy for the extra points!

We’re always happy to see you check in. That’s why we want to bring you back with a special offer worth up to 18,000 Starpoints®. Simply register by October 15, 2016, and stay with us between August 15, 2016, and November 15, 2016.

SIXTH STAY
EARNS
STARPOINTS
+ TWELFTH STAY
EARNS
STARPOINTS
+ EIGHTEENTH STAY
EARNS
STARPOINTS
= MAXIMUM
BONUS
STARPOINTS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.