Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page > Klaus K Helsinki, Finland, Design Hotel [Master Thread]

Klaus K Helsinki, Finland, Design Hotel [Master Thread]

Old Oct 11, 17, 5:15 pm

Programs: SPG P & anti-MR lifetime LeClub/IHG/NCHP HHDia WoHE CCG, BA/A3 G AA Plt, vihreän magian kortti
I stayed here in August in a sky loft room which was definitely not tired. In fact, that room type was only opened a few years ago after a renovation. The top floor hallways were clean throughout my stays, and so was the sky lounge. No complaints.
Old Oct 12, 17, 1:08 am

I just had a two night stay here last month as well. I was in a Passion Queen. I didn't feel the room was dirty at all, but it did have a bit more of a dated look. Unfortunately, the window was missing its shade, and the next morning when I showered the bathroom flooded quite bad (the tub drains into a floor drain below, which was backed up). I raised the issues - in particular the drain - without asking for any specific remedy beyond a fix, and while I was out for a few hours the hotel upgraded me to a skyloft for the next night. What a difference - modern, far more comfortable.

I enjoyed the breakfast (included in my rate), and thought the staff were solid.

I would definitely stay again, but would book directly into a sky loft - or look at other options.

Last edited by makin'miles; Oct 29, 17 at 10:21 am
Old Oct 12, 17, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, SPG Plat
My 2017 upgrade statistics at Klaus K, FWIW:
  • 7 upgrades to Sky Lofts on 7 paid stays
  • 0 upgrades on 1 award stay
We are definitely getting to know the bartenders, thanks to the free Sky Loft drinks (in lieu of a lounge).
Old Nov 15, 17, 8:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by brentford77 View Post
Is this confirmed? Originally I heard it rumoured that St. George would be a Luxury Collection branded hotel but now I see the design hotels logo on their page. In any case, it doesn't show up on an SPG search for April even though they should be open in January. Anyone know any more colour on this?
Still not showing up on spg.com, but their own site now accepts bookings as from 15 Feb 2018. The lowest rate for double occupancy in the first several weeks seems to be 230€
Old Dec 2, 17, 10:03 pm

Good to see overall decent impressions of this place. We'll be staying here for a few nights during Christmas week... can't wait.

Search this Thread