The URL is https://justbrg.com/
Print Wikipost

My simple BRG tool

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2016, 2:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by helvetic
Yup, have booked two BRGs, one of which I discovered using the tool.

I'm still hitting the hotel name mapping error quite often, unfortunately. Can you shed some light into what's causing it? Perhaps we can find a programmatic solution a bit more efficient than reporting it here every time we see it.
That is awesome! The reason is that the hotel name provide by SPG is different from what it is on hotelscombined.com, for example "sheraton aaa resort & spa" might be "sheraton aaa resort and spa" on hotelscombined.com but "sheraton bbb resort & spa" might be "sheraton bbb resort spa" (without word 'and') on hotelscombined.com. So currently report the error in this thread is the best solution since it would take me too long to look up every hotels listed on SPG. I'm planning to do a big update to update them all by writing scanning program, but I do not start this work yet.

IMPORTANT: DUE TO SOME DOMAIN NAME PROVIDER's ISSUES, I MOVE MY WEBSITE TO http://justbrg.com/ PERMANENTLY

Last edited by uriel888; Jul 23, 2016 at 2:26 am
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by uriel888
^^^Did you successfully discover the BRG and get that approved?
i did, for a stay earlier this week....thanks again for building this tool....^^
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:15 am

Programs: Hard to keep one
tried last night. All Singapore hotels are returning the name match error.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 12:33 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
I was just looking at London hotels. BRG's are being reported with venere.com. However, because the rates are without taxes at venere.com and the SPG rates are with taxes, it ends up being that the rates are the same.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cbellero
I was just looking at London hotels. BRG's are being reported with venere.com. However, because the rates are without taxes at venere.com and the SPG rates are with taxes, it ends up being that the rates are the same.
Do you mean that the rate on the SPG official website already included tax? ummm... It seems that most countries in EURO will include taxes in the original price. The bad news is that I cannot fix this right now, because to do this then I need to do some researches for every country's tax policy. This will be quite time consuming, but I will put this kinda of bug on my list and fix it after I fix most mapping issues.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EngOnAPlane
tried last night. All Singapore hotels are returning the name match error.
I'm in progress of a big update that will fix most match errors.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:34 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
Do you mean that the rate on the SPG official website already included tax? ummm... It seems that most countries in EURO will include taxes in the original price. The bad news is that I cannot fix this right now, because to do this then I need to do some researches for every country's tax policy. This will be quite time consuming, but I will put this kinda of bug on my list and fix it after I fix most mapping issues.
The challenge is that the reference sites may or may not include taxes. And then you do not know which taxes are included. VAT is only one component. There may also be cultural or tourist taxes based upon number of people, number of stars of the hotel, or the city.

Another challenge is that taxes sometimes deviate by city within a country and or the star rating of the hotel.

What I would recommend is that you include a loop in your programming that compares the BRG rate and adds the VAT tax only based upon country. If it is within a chosen percentage of the BRG rate (perhaps 2%), then the BRG rate should get appended with a comment stating the difference may be due to taxes not being included.

If that is something doable, I would be willing to provide you with a list of the VAT tax rates within Europe and then also include whether or not the SPG rates include taxes. I just hope that the SPG rates within one country always include or exclude the VAT rates for all SPG hotels in that country.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Multiple bad matches for San Francisco search:

Hotel Name: The Park Central San Francisco
Hotel Name: The St. Regis San Francisco
Hotel Name: Four Points by Sheraton Hotel & Suites San Francisco Airport
Hotel Name: Sheraton Sunnyvale Hotel
Hotel Name: Aloft Sunnyvale
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:14 am

Programs: SPG, Asia Miles, Skypass
Everytime when I try to use the web for brg, I click on the link to BRG site. it pops up the hotelscombine.com, however, it says Your Search has expired due to inactivity. Search again

May I know how to fix it?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by a288bennie
Everytime when I try to use the web for brg, I click on the link to BRG site. it pops up the hotelscombine.com, however, it says Your Search has expired due to inactivity. Search again

May I know how to fix it?
Can you provide your date and destination?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cbellero
The challenge is that the reference sites may or may not include taxes. And then you do not know which taxes are included. VAT is only one component. There may also be cultural or tourist taxes based upon number of people, number of stars of the hotel, or the city.

Another challenge is that taxes sometimes deviate by city within a country and or the star rating of the hotel.

What I would recommend is that you include a loop in your programming that compares the BRG rate and adds the VAT tax only based upon country. If it is within a chosen percentage of the BRG rate (perhaps 2%), then the BRG rate should get appended with a comment stating the difference may be due to taxes not being included.

If that is something doable, I would be willing to provide you with a list of the VAT tax rates within Europe and then also include whether or not the SPG rates include taxes. I just hope that the SPG rates within one country always include or exclude the VAT rates for all SPG hotels in that country.
You are right, it seems that SPG in some regions and countries will include the VAT rate in the very beginning search, and I will be pretty appreciate if you can provide the list of some countries that will include VAT. Once I have that information it will be a piece of cake to implement the list on the website.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:12 am

Can you provide your date and destination?

destination: Macao
date : Sep 10 - 11
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold QFF WP AA EXP Marriott PPE HH Diam
Sheraton Mirage changed their name. Can you update please. Thanks.

Hotel Name: Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Gold Coast
Best Point Usage : Only Points With value($/Point) : 0.0189
Hotel official Price($/day): 227
BRG Rate($/day): Some error when mapping official hotel name to compete site
Old Jul 28, 2016, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by a288bennie
destination: Macao
date : Sep 10 - 11
I cannot reproduce the bug you have. All BRG links will lead me to the correct sites. Can you provide the hotel you want to BRG?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 12:37 pm

I cannot reproduce the bug you have. All BRG links will lead me to the correct sites. Can you provide the hotel you want to BRG?
I guess the BRG rate goes away, right now it says

Some error when mapping official hotel name to compete site

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.