FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest-429/)
-   -   My simple BRG tool (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starwood-starwood-preferred-guest/1771395-my-simple-brg-tool.html)

uriel888 Jun 10, 2016 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface (Post 26759555)
I got it to work last night and today but the majority of my queries are coming up with the error mentioned, "Some error when mapping official hotel name to compete site". In one instance, there were 4 properties in the location and 2 had the error message.

Just tried it again now and this was the result but clicking on the 'click me for BRG Link' doesn't work. OP, how do I know which site you used for the BRG price?

Just fixed Honolulu problem

uriel888 Jun 10, 2016 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface (Post 26759555)
I got it to work last night and today but the majority of my queries are coming up with the error mentioned, "Some error when mapping official hotel name to compete site". In one instance, there were 4 properties in the location and 2 had the error message.

Just tried it again now and this was the result but clicking on the 'click me for BRG Link' doesn't work. OP, how do I know which site you used for the BRG price?

Seems the browser has block the new tab, I will try it on my ipad though and fix it ASAP

OriginalName Jun 10, 2016 3:45 pm

Thanks for building this. It looks very promising!

All properties in Tokyo, Japan have the mapping problem. Same with Sydney and Brisbane, Australia.

Pa Kettle Jun 10, 2016 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by uriel888 (Post 26759865)
Just fixed Honolulu problem

Any chance you can fix the spelling of "official" as well. :D

uriel888 Jun 10, 2016 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by OriginalName (Post 26760212)
Thanks for building this. It looks very promising!

All properties in Tokyo, Japan have the mapping problem. Same with Sydney and Brisbane, Australia.

Fixed, please try again now

uriel888 Jun 10, 2016 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Pa Kettle (Post 26760215)
Any chance you can fix the spelling of "official" as well. :D

Thx for pointing out. Just fixed.

Finkface Jun 10, 2016 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by uriel888 (Post 26760200)
Seems the browser has block the new tab, I will try it on my ipad though and fix it ASAP

Thank you. Still can't click the link but appreciate you working on it. And thanks for sharing the tool. Looks very promising and I'm sure it took a lot of work on your part. Very nice of you.

uriel888 Jun 10, 2016 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface (Post 26760295)
Thank you. Still can't click the link but appreciate you working on it. And thanks for sharing the tool. Looks very promising and I'm sure it took a lot of work on your part. Very nice of you.

Can u provide the details of your search? So that I can try to reproduce the bug.

Finkface Jun 10, 2016 4:58 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by uriel888 (Post 26760465)
Can u provide the details of your search? So that I can try to reproduce the bug.

Same as the example I posted the screen shot of above. Or Honolulu, check in June 19, 2016. Nothing happens when I click on the 'click me' button. It is not a clickable link.

uriel888 Jun 10, 2016 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface (Post 26760490)
Same as the example I posted the screen shot of above. Or Honolulu, check in June 19, 2016. Nothing happens when I click on the 'click me' button. It is not a clickable link.

I will look into it after I back to home.

durberville Jun 10, 2016 7:03 pm

Seoul is having mapping problems.

Ver Jaina Jun 10, 2016 7:59 pm

Malaysia properties having mapping problems except for Aloft KUL.
But the BRG link cannot be clicked.

Dr. HFH Jun 10, 2016 10:51 pm

I'm sure that Starwood's going to love this. At some point, I would expect some type of action from them.

Keyser Jun 11, 2016 12:51 am

very promising...

i did a search for singapore & am getting the 'some error when mapping official hotel name to compete site' error for half the properties....

uriel888 Jun 11, 2016 1:14 am

Originally Posted by Keyser (Post 26761648)
very promising...

i did a search for singapore & am getting the 'some error when mapping official hotel name to compete site' error for half the properties....

The problem is some new starwood property is not listed in the third party website, I fixed most of them except some recently opened hotels.