My simple BRG tool

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 24, 16, 1:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: d'Yquem
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 24, 16, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by Keyser View Post
same problem here....i tried 4 different cities & it hangs every time....
Please do not worry, the problem is hotelscombined can detect the suspicious traffics from my website. I'm finding a new way to take data from them, since they refused to provide price information. Everything should be under control. Please be patient, love you all.
Old Aug 24, 16, 8:19 am
Original Poster

same problem here....i tried 4 different cities & it hangs every time....
Hi all, I just fixed all these stuffs, remember to clear your browsers cache before use the website. To prevent these things happen again, I'm thinking to add more backup options, do you guys have some potential options, maybe TripAdvisor is good option?
Old Aug 25, 16, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by uriel888 View Post
Hi all, I just fixed all these stuffs, remember to clear your browsers cache before use the website. To prevent these things happen again, I'm thinking to add more backup options, do you guys have some potential options, maybe TripAdvisor is good option?
getting a 'network request fail' error now....
Old Aug 25, 16, 8:21 am
Original Poster

getting a 'network request fail' error now....
It seems good from my side, can you provide your detail?
Old Aug 25, 16, 8:40 am

Programs: Trying my best to love Le Club Accor (Gold)
That is weird, I just tried to register several accounts seems fine to me. Can you screenshot the console of chrome, just right click the page->inspect elements->click console->click register on the page.
Hi sorry for the late reply, I dont have access to computer & only bring my tablet for travel nowadays.
Now that i'm back to work, using work pc & can register successfully...so far it works! ^
Old Aug 25, 16, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
working now....
Old Aug 25, 16, 12:43 pm

Programs: BA GGL, SQ PPS, HH Diamond, SPG LTP/100, Marriott Platinum, Mucci des Lois Constitutionelles
Good from my side too. Many thanks for all the hard work.

Interestingly, my (legitimately-used) SET codes seem to be better than the BRG. Has anyone experienced to the contrary?
Old Aug 26, 16, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by d'Yquem View Post
Good from my side too. Many thanks for all the hard work.

Interestingly, my (legitimately-used) SET codes seem to be better than the BRG. Has anyone experienced to the contrary?
You can book without your code and claim a brg, that might be a better way. Because I do not include any price with code when the website search the original price.
Old Aug 26, 16, 8:14 am

Hi! Sorry to bother you again - can you check Dubai for me - there are mapping errors on most of the hotels (searched for october, November)

Thanks for all of your work on this!!
Old Aug 26, 16, 9:09 am

Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I am getting mapping errors on all 5 hotels in Portland, OR for a search in early Sept. I have a screenshot if you need it.
Old Aug 26, 16, 10:12 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
@uriel888, maybe you could fetch the hotelscombined pages from a client-side request so that each request originates from a different browser / ip combination. Should make it a lot easier to avoid their detection that way.
Old Aug 26, 16, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by helvetic View Post
@uriel888, maybe you could fetch the hotelscombined pages from a client-side request so that each request originates from a different browser / ip combination. Should make it a lot easier to avoid their detection that way.
The problem is browsers have strict rules to prevent fetching data from other websites that are not under my control. I was think an auto redeploy might be a good solution. Since I'm out of my apartment right now, I will inspect the mapping error when I'm back.
Old Aug 26, 16, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Finkface View Post
I am getting mapping errors on all 5 hotels in Portland, OR for a search in early Sept. I have a screenshot if you need it.
I'm so sorry i cannot fix the problem right now. I'm out of my apartment right now, I will inspect the mapping error when I'm back
Old Aug 26, 16, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by andylogan View Post
Hi! Sorry to bother you again - can you check Dubai for me - there are mapping errors on most of the hotels (searched for october, November)

Thanks for all of your work on this!!
I'm so sorry that I cannot fix the problem now. I'm out of my apartment right now, I will inspect the mapping error when I'm back
Old Aug 26, 16, 11:00 am
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
The problem is browsers have strict rules to prevent fetching data from other websites that are not under my control. I was think an auto redeploy might be a good solution. Since I'm out of my apartment right now, I will inspect the mapping error when I'm back.
Oh d'oh, I forgot about the same-origin rules. Goes to show how long it's been since I've done web development.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: