My simple BRG tool

    Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 24, 16, 1:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: d'Yquem
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

 
Old Aug 3, 16, 4:06 am
  #151  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Programs: AA Exec Plat; SPG Gold; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; IHG Plat Ambassador
Posts: 79
i cant seem to log into the page these days.. :/

when i click login / register, it keeps saying "Failed to fetch".

am on chrome.
lenardl is offline  
Old Aug 3, 16, 4:13 am
  #152  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Programs: SPG
Posts: 133
Originally Posted by lenardl View Post
i cant seem to log into the page these days.. :/

when i click login / register, it keeps saying "Failed to fetch".

am on chrome.
I was updating the app several hours ago, may be you can try it now.
uriel888 is offline  
Old Aug 3, 16, 4:22 am
  #153  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Programs: SPG
Posts: 133
Originally Posted by a288bennie View Post
The tool shows that Ctrip provides lower rate that shown in SPG.com.

However, since Ctrip is not an instant confirm website, it gonna make your brg tool fail.
Thanks for the important information. I will put it on the note and fix it later on.
uriel888 is offline  
Old Aug 4, 16, 8:35 am
  #154  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 199
Seems like a great project!

Didn't work for me as I kept getting this error.

"Some error when mapping official hotel name to compete site"

Looks like a lot of testing needed to make this a robust tool. Maybe some of us to can volunteer manpower to test base on regions we are located in or travel most to?
talfred is offline  
Old Aug 4, 16, 9:53 am
  #155  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Programs: SPG
Posts: 133
Originally Posted by talfred View Post
Seems like a great project!

Didn't work for me as I kept getting this error.

"Some error when mapping official hotel name to compete site"

Looks like a lot of testing needed to make this a robust tool. Maybe some of us to can volunteer manpower to test base on regions we are located in or travel most to?
So you got all hotels these errors or what?
uriel888 is offline  
Old Aug 4, 16, 4:49 pm
  #156  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 199
Originally Posted by uriel888 View Post
So you got all hotels these errors or what?
Searches in Bangkok and Beijing returned same error
talfred is offline  
Old Aug 4, 16, 10:09 pm
  #157  
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: New York, NY
Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Posts: 1,271
My BRG was rejected:

Please be advised that it has come to our attention that inventory on happyrooms.com cannot be booked and confirmed and therefore ineligible under the terms and conditions of the Best Rate Guarantee Program.
Johnny Rocket is offline  
Old Aug 5, 16, 11:04 am
  #158  
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: SFO
Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Skywards Platinum
Posts: 3,053
Seems like I cannot search for an international destination without entering a US state. Great tool though.
LovetoTravel83 is offline  
Old Aug 5, 16, 12:13 pm
  #159  
Hyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: LAX
Programs: SPG Platinum
Posts: 281
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket View Post
My BRG was rejected:

Please be advised that it has come to our attention that inventory on happyrooms.com cannot be booked and confirmed and therefore ineligible under the terms and conditions of the Best Rate Guarantee Program.
I did mention in the upthread that it will be a great idea to exclude sites that BRG team won't approve in this tool.

This is the list copied from the BRG thread that should exclude from the tool (through hotelcombined.com).

AsiaWeb
Cancelon
Ctrip
Elvoline
HappyRooms
Hoteling
HotelsClick (Some rates on request, some instant)
Ostrovok
Roomertravel
thebluejean is offline  
Old Aug 6, 16, 8:01 am
  #160  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Programs: SPG
Posts: 133
Originally Posted by thebluejean View Post
I did mention in the upthread that it will be a great idea to exclude sites that BRG team won't approve in this tool.

This is the list copied from the BRG thread that should exclude from the tool (through hotelcombined.com).

AsiaWeb
Cancelon
Ctrip
Elvoline
HappyRooms
Hoteling
HotelsClick (Some rates on request, some instant)
Ostrovok
Roomertravel
This is so useful to me, I will find a way to implment this list on the checking part
uriel888 is offline  
Old Aug 8, 16, 2:37 am
  #161  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Programs: AA Exec Plat; SPG Gold; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; IHG Plat Ambassador
Posts: 79
hi Uriel

Kuala Lumpur doesnt seem to work anymore also on the tool. Failed to fetch.
lenardl is offline  
Old Aug 8, 16, 10:43 am
  #162  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Programs: SPG
Posts: 133
Originally Posted by lenardl View Post
hi Uriel

Kuala Lumpur doesnt seem to work anymore also on the tool. Failed to fetch.
sorry for the late reply, I will inspect the issue after I finish the job in the company and back to the home
uriel888 is offline  
Old Aug 8, 16, 4:43 pm
  #163  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Programs: SPG
Posts: 133
Originally Posted by lenardl View Post
hi Uriel

Kuala Lumpur doesnt seem to work anymore also on the tool. Failed to fetch.
Can u provide the detail? City, country, state and date
uriel888 is offline  
Old Aug 8, 16, 5:31 pm
  #164  
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sydney, Australia
Programs: HHD, SPG LTG
Posts: 1,829
Thanks for the tool uriel888 ^

I haven't made any bookings yet but playing around with it, it seemed like a nice tool to assist our future BRG claims.
alanslegal is offline  
Old Aug 8, 16, 8:46 pm
  #165  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Programs: AA Exec Plat; SPG Gold; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; IHG Plat Ambassador
Posts: 79
Originally Posted by uriel888 View Post
Can u provide the detail? City, country, state and date
Hi Uriel

Kuala Lumpur
no state
Malaysia

any dates just doesnt seem to work. i just get Failed to Fetch.

Other cities i tried works fine. Not sure whats happening. Kuala Lumpur used to be fine too
lenardl is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: