My simple BRG tool

Hide Wikipost
Old Aug 24, 16, 1:53 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: d'Yquem
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 2, 16, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
Yep the mapping errors for NYC and Jersey are back..

Wonder what causes this?

Anyhow, found a good BRG for the W Times Square earlier, so thank you for that!
It seems like more and more people are using this tool, and hotelscombined start traffic inspection the packet from my server IP, but the cost of adding new servers are pretty high right now (one server would cost 30 dollars for one month). I will find an alternate way to fix this.

Last edited by uriel888; Aug 2, 16 at 1:17 am
Old Aug 2, 16, 3:24 am

Programs: SPG Platinum
^
Originally Posted by uriel888 View Post
Got it fixed you can check it now.
Same error still.
Old Aug 2, 16, 3:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Isochronous View Post
^

Same error still.
Are all hotels got this error or just some of them?
Old Aug 2, 16, 4:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, OZ Dia, HH Dia, SPG Plat25, MR Plat, Hertz PC, Sixt Plat
It seems like more and more people are using this tool, and hotelscombined start traffic inspection the packet from my server IP, but the cost of adding new servers are pretty high right now (one server would cost 30 dollars for one month). I will find an alternate way to fix this.
If we all just donated a little..!
Old Aug 2, 16, 6:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OriginalName View Post
If we all just donated a little..!
It will be better if you can donate some percentage of the amount you saved from BRG
Old Aug 2, 16, 4:52 pm

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott P, IHG P
Mapping error for hotels in Bangkok - pretty random which one and how many at a time.

Have you thought about expanding to BRG programme of other hotel chain?

Thanks for the site!

Last edited by nacho; Aug 2, 16 at 4:57 pm
Old Aug 2, 16, 4:59 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG PLT (LT Gold), TK Gold, M&M S, BA Silver, Hyatt Dia
Mapping erors in istanbul
Old Aug 2, 16, 5:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Just scored ANOTHER BRG for NYC - thanks OP!

The site still seems hit and miss as to whether it works... but when it does, it works REALLY well. ^
Old Aug 2, 16, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nacho View Post
Mapping error for hotels in Bangkok - pretty random which one and how many at a time.

Thanks for the site!
Yes, I'm thinking of Marriot to be the next one, but all after the SPG one has settled down and UI has been improved.
Old Aug 3, 16, 12:12 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
It seems good from my side, did you change the year?
There seems to be two issues:

1) I have yet to get the tool working from my iPhone. I'm not sure if this is because of something Safari for iOS is interacting with the page or if it is related to what you described above re: HotelsCombined.

2) This displays what would be successful BRG rates. I noticed earlier in the thread you requested a list of countries/hotels where VAT is included in the rates on SPG.com. Italy is one of those countries.

A non-exhaustive list of VAT-inclusive countries in Europe is Italy, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Germany, Greece, Portugal, Ireland, Austria, Sweden, Switzerland, Belgium, Iceland, Netherlands, Slovenia, Mauritius, Croatia, and Hungary. There are some notable exceptions for EU member countries, such as Poland and Czech Republic, but for the most part it is the entire EU. I hope this helps a little with that feature.
Old Aug 3, 16, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai View Post
Mapping erors in istanbul
Did you get all them errors or just some of them?
Old Aug 3, 16, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nacho View Post

Thanks for the site!
I just make a huge technical improvement to fix the error problem (at least it will not give you a full page of mapping errors)!!!!! It should works pretty good now!! You can try it now
Old Aug 3, 16, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jibi View Post
There seems to be two issues:

1) I have yet to get the tool working from my iPhone. I'm not sure if this is because of something Safari for iOS is interacting with the page or if it is related to what you described above re: HotelsCombined.

2) This displays what would be successful BRG rates. I noticed earlier in the thread you requested a list of countries/hotels where VAT is included in the rates on SPG.com. Italy is one of those countries.

A non-exhaustive list of VAT-inclusive countries in Europe is Italy, United Kingdom, France, Spain, Germany, Greece, Portugal, Ireland, Austria, Sweden, Switzerland, Belgium, Iceland, Netherlands, Slovenia, Mauritius, Croatia, and Hungary. There are some notable exceptions for EU member countries, such as Poland and Czech Republic, but for the most part it is the entire EU. I hope this helps a little with that feature.
Great Job!!! Thanks for your information this is very important to me!! I will put a notice currently on my website and later on do some research for VAT amount in the list and update the BRG verification rules.
Old Aug 3, 16, 12:44 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Great Job!!! Thanks for your information this is very important to me!! I will put a notice currently on my website and later on do some research for VAT amount in the list and update the BRG verification rules.
Rock on! Thanks for your help and for the tool. This is something rather amazing, so we definitely appreciate your efforts on this project. I will try and get some time to this weekend to see if I can help make some contributions and commits to the project, too...
Old Aug 3, 16, 2:18 am

Programs: SPG, Asia Miles, Skypass
The tool shows that Ctrip provides lower rate than that shown in SPG.com.

However, since Ctrip is not an instant confirm website, it gonna make your brg tool fail.

Last edited by a288bennie; Aug 3, 16 at 9:11 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: