Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dining discount at gritti.

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2016, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Dining discount at gritti.

I'm at the Gritti and could have sworn the Longhi partipated in the discount program. My server says no. All links I find take me to a landing page that shows me the restaurants close by to me but no discount information. Seems like I saw the info before I left for Italy.

Maybe I'm getting redirected to a different site based on my location? I can't get to a page that shows a discount at all.
Old May 29, 2016, 3:19 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
http://www.spgcravings.com/en/restau...e-venice-hotel

Club del Doge Restaurant
The Gritti Palace, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Venice
Cost: $$$$
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
10% DISCOUNT FOR SPG MEMBERS

Bar Longhi
Cost: $$
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Italian, Cocktails & Drinks
Old May 30, 2016, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Thank you very much!
Old May 30, 2016, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dingo
I'm at the Gritti and could have sworn the Longhi partipated in the discount program. My server says no.....
Spgcravings (originally spgrestaurantsandbars) is one of the least known promotions. I rarely find any server who knows about it. Some server or front desk may even claim that promo has expired. You need to bring website printout with you and even that maybe a struggle.
Old May 31, 2016, 9:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
The one time I invoked it, the server said that he personally didn't know about it, checked with the manager, and it was approved. However, when I went to pay the bill it was a huge production to get the discount actually applied at the register by the two of them.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:20 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
http://www.spgcravings.com/en/restau...e-venice-hotel

Club del Doge Restaurant
Cost: $$$$
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean

Bar Longhi
Cost: $$
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Italian, Cocktails & Drinks
Is there a discount for drinks on the rooftop at the Danieli?

Has anyone been able to get the Club del Doge to waive the exorbitant EUR 16/person coperrto fee for hotel guests?
Old Nov 25, 2018, 10:20 am
HNS

Programs: Flying Blue, SPG, Marriott Rewards, Delta SkyMiles
Originally Posted by nologic
Has anyone been able to get the Club del Doge to waive the exorbitant EUR 16/person coperrto fee for hotel guests?
I just stayed at the Gritti and had a drink at the Club del Doge. The only charge I have on my folio is the actual drink, nothing else...
Old Nov 25, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
I'm here now. If you just have a drink, you might as well be inside or outside the beautiful lounge opposite the restaurant long the Grand Canal...same view/experience...they both have neighboring outdoor decks as well..and they don't charge a coperto. I presume if they just seat and serve you a drink and no bread or anything, you might Be able to escape coperto...certianly, if you want something light, the lounge is an equally good option without even to have a discussion.

They do offer hotel guest a 20% discount for lunch and discount for dinner at the Club del Doge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.