Old May 18, 2016, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott: Platinum Hilton: Diamond AC: 25K
SPG Quebec City Hotels

They are 3 SPG hotels in the Quebec City Region

Hotel PUR Quebec
Four Points by Sheraton Québec Resort
Four Points by Sheraton Lévis Convention Centre

But none of them are on the master list of SPG hotels.

Quebec city is the city I travel the most often too.

in July I used points to stay at the Hotel PUR Quebec. Anyone have information about this hotel and how they treat their gold members?

thanks
Old May 18, 2016, 7:41 pm

Programs: SPG lifetime Platinum, Air Canada Super Elite, Priority Club Platinum Elite,
Pur only has 4 suites and is usually pretty busy. You do realise that PUR is in the ghetto? It's not scary or dangerous (it is Canada afterall) but there are lots of homeless and drug addicts walking around. I wouldn't count on getting a suite upgrade as a gold. You'd have better luck at the Four Points Levis, I'm a lifetime platinum - I've only stayed there a few times, but I have always been given huge suites.

I've also stayed at the Four Points Quebec ( which is in the middle of nowhere). The staff is terrible and the suites (not really suites) are rather *meh*.
Old May 19, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan 50K Elite, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
I can also vouch for the Four Points Levis. Newer, free shuttle to the QC City ferry which is cheap and brings you right into Old Quebec. I am also a Lifetime platinum and I got treated like a king here, upgraded, room amenity, etc.

I had a better experience in the Four Points QC. It is off the beaten track, but if you like countryside or golf, it's a great stay - was treated quite well here as well, albeit 5 years ago.
Old May 19, 2016, 6:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I'm a big SPG whore but when I'm in QC, I stay at the Fairmont. Screw SPG at that location.
Old May 19, 2016, 6:34 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
I'm a SPG whore too, but I also tend to stay elsewhere when I need to be in QC. Usually, I'm in the Delta or Hilton....Although I do l have a thing for Daphnie at the Fairmont.

That said, I've stayed in both 4pts, and if I had to stay in a SPG hotel I would also choose Levis. Shuttle to the ferry, decent food in the hotel, great rooms and excellent treatment of Plats.
Old May 20, 2016, 5:04 am

Also, if you have a car, Four Points Levis has tons of parking for no fee. The Platinum benefit of the continental breakfast is used at Cosmos restaurant, next door. Not the most amazing breakfast, but it is à la carte and they'll make adjustments to a dish if you prefer something like more fruit instead of toast etc.
Old May 20, 2016, 10:40 am

I've stayed at the 4Points 'Resort'. Not bad value, and relatively easy to visit the old city if you have a car.

Like others, I would recommend first or one timers try the Chateau Frontenac for a really cool experience.

But travelling there a lot, I tend to use the 4Pts.

It would be nice if Starwood brought a Sheraton or Westin back to QC. Used to be a nice Sheraton within easy walking distance of the old City back in the day.

Cheers,
Old May 20, 2016, 8:07 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Should've mentioned that this is one of the cities where I'm looking forward to the Marriott merger (assuming they don't decimate benefits so I stick around).

Delta is part of Marriott (located just outside the old city) and there is also a full service Marriott in the old city.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
What is the Hotel Pur?

It's not listed among any of the SPG 11 brands per the web site. Only a category 2 so not exactly a higher end offering. So - what exactly is it?
Old Jul 15, 2016, 7:38 pm

The Hotel Pur is the old Wyndham. It's currently undergoing renovations and will be rebranded as a *wood brand (I can't remember if they've announced which one).

It's not in a fantastic location - especially if you're there as a tourist as it is well outside of the walled city.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 11:06 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by dcstudent
The Hotel Pur is the old Wyndham. It's currently undergoing renovations and will be rebranded as a *wood brand (I can't remember if they've announced which one).

It's not in a fantastic location - especially if you're there as a tourist as it is well outside of the walled city.
Renovations finish early in 2017, at which point the hotel will then join the Tribute Portfolio.

khabah
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
I've had a recent Saturday night stay at the Hotel Pur. We got upgraded to a junior suite, which was nice and had a wonderful view of the church opposite. The room furnishings were spartan but adequate. The location is close (albeit up a steep hill) to the walled old town, and there are plenty of restaurants and shops around the hotel.

Self-parking was $24 but we found street parking for $10 2 blocks away.

There were a couple of housekeeping issues at the hotel. I've emailed them about these the day after my departure, but in the week since the hotel hasn't responded. A few days ago I also filled in the SPG post-stay survey with the same comments, again no reaction. This is disappointing.

Note also that on Sunday morning, the only breafast option was a buffet. We got it for free as the Plat amenity choice, so no complaints, but $18 would have been an outrageous price to pay for a very minimalist (err, Pur) selection of a few stale carbs and soggy eggs. Also, guests had to go fetch their own cutlery and beverages, like in a school cafeteria. It's definitely below even what your typical Four Points would do. We saw several potential customers have a look, and then leave.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by dcstudent
Delta is part of Marriott (located just outside the old city) and there is also a full service Marriott in the old city.
It's interesting that while Google Maps shows these properties, marriott.com thinks there's only one Marriott property in Quebec City - a Courtyard. (Actually, it looks like the problem is that these properties only have rates filed six months out.)

Last edited by mahasamatman; Dec 20, 2016 at 10:12 pm
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Marriott Platinum
It appears that Hotel Pur will be rebranded as a Tribute Portfolio hotel in April 2017. Does anyone know what it's coded as now? (Am thinking ahead in the hopes that the 11 brands / 11k points promo runs again this year.)
Old Feb 8, 2017, 9:11 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Sallycat
It appears that Hotel Pur will be rebranded as a Tribute Portfolio hotel in April 2017. Does anyone know what it's coded as now? (Am thinking ahead in the hopes that the 11 brands / 11k points promo runs again this year.)
AFAIK, it's coded as nothing right now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.