Suites with 2 beds (vs bed + fold out couch)

Old May 3, 2016, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *wood Marriott P-life, *alliance UA MM, AA MM
Suites with 2 beds (vs bed + fold out couch)

Are suites with 2 (Queen) beds vanishingly rare?

When travelling with Mrs. Cyberjet and Ms Teen Cyberjet, I often find that I have to decline upgrades (or not consider SNAs) since it means one of us (ie me) will sleep on the fold out couch -- haven't found a comfortable one yet.

Have seen some suites with 2 beds in Hawaii, is there any list (official or compiled) of this rare species?
Old May 3, 2016, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cyberjet
Are suites with 2 (Queen) beds vanishingly rare?

When travelling with Mrs. Cyberjet and Ms Teen Cyberjet, I often find that I have to decline upgrades (or not consider SNAs) since it means one of us (ie me) will sleep on the fold out couch -- haven't found a comfortable one yet.

Have seen some suites with 2 beds in Hawaii, is there any list (official or compiled) of this rare species?
I think generally rare but I am sure there are regions/hotels where this is an exception. Generally unless I confirm in advance with the property I tend to assume any suite will contain 1K.

Also I don't think this is limited to SPG.
Old May 3, 2016, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
SGS room 1012. Newly renovated suite with two queen beds. Unfortunately, it's the only one like it in the hotel. Worked out that way because of the adjacent Thai themed suites and their effect on the floor plan for that floor.
Old May 3, 2016, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, SPG Plat100, Hyatt Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
I found the pullout bed at the Element in Metrotown Vancouver quite comfortable.

However, yes there are very very few Suites with 2 Queens. I haven't seen any. Instead, I try to get my Ambassador to put me in 2-Bedroom suites when available (haven't had any success yet though)
Old May 3, 2016, 6:37 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat Pro, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
SGS room 1012. Newly renovated suite with two queen beds. Unfortunately, it's the only one like it in the hotel. Worked out that way because of the adjacent Thai themed suites and their effect on the floor plan for that floor.
I agree, I've had to turn down some Suites due to lack of two beds in them. The SGS actually took out a King and placed two Queens in one for me. Now that's service. But rare, no other hotel has copied their excellent service.
Old May 3, 2016, 7:27 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
I must have been lucky, no real problem,

Was in DC a few weeks ago and ended up in a king, city center.
Old May 3, 2016, 7:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Can't the hotel bring a rollaway bed to use instead of the foldout sofa bed?
Old May 3, 2016, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I've yet to be able to use an SNA traveling with family. And I can't remember 2 beds in any suites when traveling alone. They probably exist somewhere, but they're rare.

With both kids growing, I've broken down and reserved 2 rooms for this summer's vacation.
Old May 4, 2016, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Pretty much anytime I have had a suite at a Starwood property it has come with a connecting room to make a 2 bed suite (normally locked off). Many properties will offer big discounts on connecting rooms for family members.
Old May 4, 2016, 1:13 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
The Signature Suite at the US Grant in San Diego comes with 2 King beds.
Old May 4, 2016, 2:43 am

Programs: Still working on being loyal
I'm in a SPG property in Dubai as I type this. Both my friend and I have SPG Gold I guess - and we were told there were no rooms available with two beds. This isn't the first time having this happen at a SPG property. Every SPG I've stayed at in the last year has been either the basic reserved room, or a King bed upgrade, which is useless for two people that aren't a couple. Also - no breakfast, maybe I don't stay up to date on SPG enough, is that a thing? They want $100/night extra, to give us access to club level and breakfast for two.
Old May 4, 2016, 2:44 am

Plaza Athenee Bangkok
Athenee Suite with Twin Bed
http://postimg.cc/image/cfl3hyh0h/
http://postimg.cc/image/gnj3ibt0h/
Old May 4, 2016, 9:29 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
Westin Kyoto Junior suite had two twin beds on my stay last week.
Old May 4, 2016, 11:39 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Diamond
There are many hotels out there that use the layout of 2Q room + connecting living room + 1K room.

This allows the hotel to sell the rooms individually, as a 1K suite, a 2Q suite, or a 2 bedroom suite. I know a few Sheratons have this kind of setup (although I'm blanking on which ones they were, maybe the one by the DTW airport?).

Off the top of my head, the Hyatt Regency Tamaya in NM has this kind of setup. I know of a few Hiltons that do (The Hilton Americas in Houston has it. The Anatole in Dallas, for example, has it where they even sell the living room as a "parlor room w/ Murphy bed"). Can't think of any more SPG properties though at the moment.

The thing about this kind of arrangement, is that it doesn't maximize space, so you'll be hard pressed to find it in bigger cities where space is at a premium.
Old May 4, 2016, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by l3arefoot
Also - no breakfast, maybe I don't stay up to date on SPG enough, is that a thing? They want $100/night extra, to give us access to club level and breakfast for two.
(OT) that's a plat thing, not a gold thing

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.