Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Four Points Emeryville (Oakland) 2009 on [Master Thread]

Four Points Emeryville (Oakland) 2009 on [Master Thread]

Old Sep 9, 2012, 1:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
You are also an extremely short drive to SF. If the person needs to get to Berkeley (assuming the non-highway 24 side), the ride across town from the Claremont can be horrendous, not to mention that if you stay there, your walking dining/shopping options are quite limited. I'm not a Bay Area native, but I have lived in the area for only 27 years. 4 Points - no parking charge, a very short drive to Cal. Claremont - parking charge. All SF hotels, massive parking charges plus a commute to Berkeley.
The no parking charges seals it, I think; I'll have a rental car.

Thanks for the tips everyone!
Old Sep 23, 2012, 2:49 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
I keep ending up back here, thanks to the combination of price and location -- though it's not an exceptional hotel by any means. It's an older property, and it shows; the standard rooms are small, and about half the furniture (mostly case goods) is pretty old. That said, they have updated beds/bedding and upholstered furniture since I first started staying there five years or so ago.

The corner rooms -- called "Deluxe," I think -- are more comfortable, but I've had pretty spotty success getting upgraded to them. They also don't have much of a view.

Have seen good AAA Breakfast rates here recently, but note that the included buffet officially only goes until 9am, despite the restaurant being open for breakfast until 11.

I know some people think Emeryville is a "sketchy" area, but I've seen nothing to make me nervous during my many stays here and nearby. The property is very "busy" and the parking lot fairly close to the building on all sides.

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
If you want SPG and Berkeley (and don't want to BART in from Pleasanton), this is your best option. If you're open to Hyatt, there's a new conversion to Hyatt House, just a stone's throw away. I've wandered through, but haven't stayed. http://emeryville.house.hyatt.com/hy...ryville-house/
The Hyatt House is definitely a nicer property than the 4Pts, with a rather nice lobby, and very spacious rooms. The furnishings aren't the newest Hyatt House offerings, but are still a step above the 4Pts. And, of course, the rooms have full kitchens. Rates being comparable, I'd take the HH.

The Hilton Garden Inn is also a nicer property, and as it's across I-80 and taller, has a much better view of the Bay from many rooms. I'm pretty sure I got food poisoning from the breakfast buffet once, though.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:45 am

re : Four Points Emeryville (Oakland) 2009 on [Master Thread]

AMAZING guest service. The front desk is amazingly competent and friendly.
Free, no-hassle wifi that doesn't make you sign up for some hotel account or pay anything, and it was high quality enough to have a decent Face Time session with my family back home. Great location - I had to run to the Target 2 minutes away for toiletries and there is a ton of shopping right around there, a Trader Joe's and Marshalls across the street, and so convenient to the highway.

Last edited by AZ Travels the World; Jul 13, 2014 at 1:46 pm Reason: Removed unrelated link which violated FT rules; no other changes to this post
Old May 26, 2016, 5:11 pm

Anything recent re: this property? The gov rate is darn good compared to all the other SPG hotels in SF proper... We're flying into OAK - leaving at 6a, too, so the location is especially convenient in that direction. We don't need anything fancy, just want a clean place to sleep.

I know it's less than ideal for visiting SF, but this is a last minute trip we're squeezing in for a status challenge, so we'd like to keep it cheap. Is the place still acceptable? Recent feedback would be much appreciated.
Old May 26, 2016, 6:46 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Originally Posted by synergistic
Anything recent re: this property? The gov rate is darn good compared to all the other SPG hotels in SF proper... We're flying into OAK - leaving at 6a, too, so the location is especially convenient in that direction. We don't need anything fancy, just want a clean place to sleep.

I know it's less than ideal for visiting SF, but this is a last minute trip we're squeezing in for a status challenge, so we'd like to keep it cheap. Is the place still acceptable? Recent feedback would be much appreciated.
Probably been about a year since I stayed there, but it was fine. Room was clean, people were friendly. You are correct that it's not ideal for visiting San Francisco. We only live about 90 minutes away and just used it before an early morning departure out of OAK and it worked for that (though not super close to the airport). Middle of the road US Four Points in my book.
Old May 26, 2016, 8:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
It's often the only affordable Starwood option in the area. With the Emery-Go-Round and BART, it's no problem getting into SF.
Old May 29, 2016, 1:42 pm
cxn

If you want a cheap(er) hotel close to SF I would pick this hotel. The prices have been going up over the past year+.

To get to SF, take the AC Transit F/C Bus which comes every 30 mins or so from behind the hotel.

There is a nicer Hyatt behind the hotel but expect to pay a bit more. They are building a new Hyatt close by which should be open in Aug. Hopefully these added hotels will bring the price down but if demand remains high the prices will continue to stay high.

Front Desk, etc have always been helpful. Don't expect a new room but this is a functional SPG hotel.

Enjoy!
Old May 29, 2016, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
Originally Posted by cxn
To get to SF, take the AC Transit F/C Bus which comes every 30 mins or so from behind the hotel.

Front Desk, etc have always been helpful. Don't expect a new room but this is a functional SPG hotel.
Good suggestion on AC Transit for downtown SF.

Near the 4P at least there are shops and places to eat, including the only IKEA in the area, in case you have an insatiable craving for Swedish meatballs.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Any update on this? Concerned with noise - with the freeway on one side and train track on the other.

Thanks.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
it's been a few years since we stayed, username, but we'll be back this summer for above-mentioned reasons of location, price and convenience. mr kk is VERY noise sensitive, and i can't remember him ever having a problem there, fwiw.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by karenkay
it's been a few years since we stayed, username, but we'll be back this summer for above-mentioned reasons of location, price and convenience. mr kk is VERY noise sensitive, and i can't remember him ever having a problem there, fwiw.
Thanks. I will report back once I stay there. Pluses are definitely:

1 - location (walk to restaurant and supermarket, Emeryville Go-Around shuttle)
2 - free parking
3 - helpful employees (front desk was very friendly and helpful when I went and surveyed it)

Hopefully the room and noise will be tolerable.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by username
Thanks. I will report back once I stay there. Pluses are definitely:

1 - location (walk to restaurant and supermarket, Emeryville Go-Around shuttle)
2 - free parking
3 - helpful employees (front desk was very friendly and helpful when I went and surveyed it)

Hopefully the room and noise will be tolerable.
It's been a couple years since we stayed, but I don't imagine the noise has changed much - whilst we aren't picky, I feel like we'd have noticed it if it was excessive. We love the location (we normally take the ferry into and out of SF) and have always found the staff to be friendly and competent. A recent update will always be appreciated.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 10:52 am

Location: 42.1% in PDX , 49.9% in PVG & 8% in the air somewhere
Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite, UA 1K, AS MVP GLD 75K, DL Pt
Stayed there a few times when visiting my son at Cal. The service is solid as much as you can expect from a Four Points. the area has developed out nicely and lots of convenience near by.

i didn’t feel noise was a problem.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.