Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Name the Sheraton Kiosk Contest

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2004, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by gleff
Thank you Dave, and thank you Starwood! :-:

Now off to go use one of these machines ... ! @:-)
Congrats gleff.

I'm also looking forward to using these new machines. Any idea when and where they will start appearing, Mr. Lurker?
Old Apr 8, 2004, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by fireworksboy
Congrats gleff!! I could be mistaken but I believe gleff won a week at any *wood. I could be wrong.
Actually, it's still not 100% clear what I've won --- it's alternatively been described as a week at any Sheraton worldwide and as the equivalent number of Starpoints. I'm sure I'll find out soon enough!

I did get contacted by the Manager of Starwood's Technology Applications, and there's some minor paperwork for me to return.

I'll keep y'all updated.
Old Apr 8, 2004, 3:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
And, hey, now it doesn't bother me so much that I never even got an Instant Win out of months of playing State of the Game!
Old Apr 8, 2004, 10:58 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LTT, Hyatt Exp, AA 1MM, UA Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I forgot to mention a couple of things about the kiosk.

They appear to have at least two different versions. The version on the club floor is wood (cherry-like) and metal, while those in the main lobby (4, I think) were mostly metal. The main lobby kiosks were out of service when I went by @ midnight the other night.

Another coworker of mine was accosted (kind of) when he walked in the front door on Monday. Someone stopped him to "interview" him about the kiosks (he hadn't even gotten 3 steps into the lobby, so hadn't tried it), and asked him to sign a release so they could use the footage.
Old Apr 9, 2004, 2:52 pm
Company Representative - Starwood
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Sheraton Speed Checks are rolling out to all North America Division (NAD) Sheratons. Some of the next properties slated for installation of Sheraton Speed Checks are in Parsippany, Edison, Stamford, Framingham, and San Diego.

Sheraton Speed Checks should be in about 35 NAD Sheratons by year end.

Regards,

Dave "the back-up Lurker"
Starwood Preferred Guest
Old Apr 9, 2004, 3:01 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
Question

Originally Posted by wizzy
The version on the club floor is wood (cherry-like) and metal, while those in the main lobby (4, I think) were mostly metal. The main lobby kiosks were out of service when I went by @ midnight the other night.
I'm confused. It seems like checking in is a pre-requisite to getting to the club floor. How does this work?
Old Apr 9, 2004, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VPescado
I'm confused. It seems like checking in is a pre-requisite to getting to the club floor. How does this work?
Even though you're checked in, you still might use a kiosk to check out or print or email your folio.
Old Apr 9, 2004, 3:37 pm

Congratulations, gleff! Looks like my husband is a great thinker, too- he had 2,000 points post for the same name... Have a great time no matter where you go, and may your check-in/check-out go with "speed".
Old Apr 19, 2004, 8:30 pm

I tried the kiosk again tonight. I had written down my confirmation number so was prepared when it couldn't find my reservation based on my credit card (attention starwood: all the airlines can do it, why can't you?).

It pulled up my reservation, and listed my check-in/check-out dates. I wasn't prompted/presented with additional room options. I had been pre-blocked into a club-level suite, so not sure if that had anything to do with it. The screen listed the floor and room type, but didn't list the specific room. There was another message indicating that all platinums will have the 500pt amenity automatically chosen; if you want something else, go see a clerk.

I was prompted for 1 or 2 keys; chose 1, and it took 3-4 seconds for the key to drop out. The room number was printed on a receipt, similar to the e-ticket boarding passes that American Airlines uses.

It was OK, but in the future I'd rather walk 4 feet further and talk to the clerks behind the desk of the club lounge (but if the 500 point bonus for using the kiosk is more than one-time only, that may change my decision).
Old Apr 20, 2004, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by wizzy
I tried the kiosk again tonight. I had written down my confirmation number so was prepared when it couldn't find my reservation based on my credit card (attention starwood: all the airlines can do it, why can't you?).

Where did you use the kiosk?

Is the kiosk not capable of accepting any cards or just credit cards? I would hope they are equipped to at least accept SPG elite cards.
Old Apr 20, 2004, 1:55 pm

I still think my suggestion of "Justin Time" is worth 2k points.

-David
Old Apr 20, 2004, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by yashan
Where did you use the kiosk?

Is the kiosk not capable of accepting any cards or just credit cards? I would hope they are equipped to at least accept SPG elite cards.
I tried it on the club floor of the Sheraton New York. I didn't try my SPG card; I used a credit card like I use at all the airline kiosks. I may try it again next week with my SPG card to see if that works any better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.