Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

GONE : Westin Diplomat, Hollywood, FL [Master Thread] : Left Starwood 30 Oct 2014

GONE : Westin Diplomat, Hollywood, FL [Master Thread] : Left Starwood 30 Oct 2014

Old Sep 28, 14, 4:51 pm

Programs: WN A-List, Hertz 5*, Bonvoy Gold
Curio Collection's Diplomat site now up and running ... http://www.curiocollection.com/diplomat.php

The Rooms and Suites page states:

The Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton offers several Seven room and suite categories range from beautiful Superior Rooms to exclusive Club Floor Suites on 33 floors.
That copy was certainly not proofed!

If you check availability, there is no room option for Club Level.

They really need to have credible information available or advise potential guests what the real story is under the new management.
Old Oct 1, 14, 11:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Marriott Silver, WN CP
If you try and book on hhonors the prices per night are significantly higher than what you find on the SPG site which seems really odd. It may be due to the fact they haven't fully loaded everything but I find it strange that I can book on spg.com for a stay in November and get a better rate than if I book on hhonors.com.
Old Oct 1, 14, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by mke9499 View Post
Curio Collection's Diplomat site now up and running ... http://www.curiocollection.com/diplomat.php

The Rooms and Suites page states:
The Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton offers several Seven room and suite categories range from beautiful Superior Rooms to exclusive Club Floor Suites on 33 floors.
That copy was certainly not proofed!
The copy is now corrected.

The Diplomat Resort & Spa Hollywood, Curio Collection by Hilton offers several room and suite categories that range from beautiful Superior Rooms to exclusive Club Floor Suites on 33 floors. The variety of options includes different floor plans, separate living and bedroom areas, floor-to-ceiling windows, balconies and more.
There is still mention of "Club Floor," but no way of booking Club Level on Hilton site; Club Level shows availability after first week of January, however, thru Westin/Starwood. for any dates, after changeover, except for about the last two weeks of this year.

Does anyone know what is really happening?
Old Oct 10, 14, 1:08 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Onepass, Lifemiles, SPG, Marriott. LANPASS s*cks.
Originally Posted by KENNECTED View Post
Why would you think they would not?

Until they switch, I would think, they would continue to operate as normal and continue with good platinum recognition.
Confirmed, just checked in as Plat and got a great corner suite upgrade in the club lounge floor. Excellent suite.

I am also HH Diamond so will surely come back after the switch!
Old Oct 10, 14, 5:19 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HHONOR Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by leandrorar View Post
Confirmed, just checked in as Plat and got a great corner suite upgrade in the club lounge floor. Excellent suite.

I am also HH Diamond so will surely come back after the switch!
Good for you!

I will return in January after they will be a Hilton, & we'll see how they treat Diamond
Old Oct 13, 14, 6:21 am

Which spg beach hotel is considered the nicest hotel after the Diplomat in the area, but not higher than a category 5?
Is it the W Fort Lauderdale? Do they have lots of suites that they give to plats?
Old Oct 14, 14, 7:45 am

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by moefl View Post
Which spg beach hotel is considered the nicest hotel after the Diplomat in the area, but not higher than a category 5?
Is it the W Fort Lauderdale? Do they have lots of suites that they give to plats?
Depends on your preferences. I find the Westin and W of equal quality, but that may be in part because I prefer Westins. I find the W too loud and scene-y for my tastes. The spa is better but I can easily walk over from the Westin to use it as they're less than a three minute walk from one another. I also love that the Westin has the beach walkway.
Old Oct 14, 14, 3:01 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Skywards Platinum
Originally Posted by moefl View Post
Just letting you know that the W Fort Lauderdale is not on the beach.
Old Oct 14, 14, 6:10 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, SPG Gold
Many hotels on that stretch are not on the beach, but across the road from it...W, Westin, Hilton.

If you want to be ON the beach, book the Marriott Harborside, Diplomat, one building of the Sheraton...
Old Oct 14, 14, 9:17 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, B6. No longer "still CO to me" with account spent down. RIP CO.
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83 View Post
Just letting you know that the W Fort Lauderdale is not on the beach.
Originally Posted by Eujeanie View Post
Many hotels on that stretch are not on the beach, but across the road from it...W, Westin, Hilton.

If you want to be ON the beach, book the Marriott Harborside, Diplomat, one building of the Sheraton...
True, however at least the Westin and the Ritz Carlton (? I think, the one down by Beach Place) have walks to the beach that don't involve going down to the street. Eujeanie, I think the issue here is the Diplomat leaving the program so it's not a solution. The Sheraton is definitely not in a class with the W, etc.
Old Oct 29, 14, 3:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Skywards Platinum
So are we all going to wear black tomorrow?
Old Oct 29, 14, 5:10 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy (SPG) Lifetime Plat Premier, AC Elite, Airmiles Gold, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards
Originally Posted by LovetoTravel83 View Post
So are we all going to wear black tomorrow?
Sad indeed
Old Oct 29, 14, 8:54 pm

Facebook tonight...

Westin Diplomat Resort & Spa changed their profile picture.
6 hours ago

Shrouded in black.
Old Oct 30, 14, 6:50 am

The Diplomat is offering promo rates starting from $179, in conjunction with new branding, during the last week of November 2014 and the middle of December 2014.

Apply discount, such as AAA, and the rate drops to $170. Want a suite? Book starting at $284 with AAA rate.

All rates are + tax, etc., and most likely, there are a limited number of open rooms at that rate. No special promo code is required to search/book.
Old Oct 30, 14, 1:30 pm

Programs: AA PLT, *Wood PLT, HHonors Gold
Goodbye old friend Westin Diplomat.

Interesting that it appears no Executive Lounge anymore. I checked a few dates and nothing comes up and under rooms descriptions no mention.

Originally Posted by mke9499 View Post
The Diplomat is offering promo rates starting from $179, in conjunction with new branding, during the last week of November 2014 and the middle of December 2014.

Apply discount, such as AAA, and the rate drops to $170. Want a suite? Book starting at $284 with AAA rate.

All rates are + tax, etc., and most likely, there are a limited number of open rooms at that rate. No special promo code is required to search/book.

Search this Thread