Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Starwood | Starwood Preferred Guest
Reload this Page >

GONE : Westin Diplomat, Hollywood, FL [Master Thread] : Left Starwood 30 Oct 2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GONE : Westin Diplomat, Hollywood, FL [Master Thread] : Left Starwood 30 Oct 2014

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2012, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9330; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.706 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I'm looking to book a Club Level Suite, but it doesn't specifically say it is at the beach location (which I want).

Does the Golf Location even HAVE Club Level Suites? If they don't, can I assume it is the Beach Location? What are the chances there would be a balcony with this room...do any suites NOT have balconies?
Probably not many but I've had one. Very spacious but my girl really prefers the ones w/ that have one.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 9:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
OK, it's a little more complicated. I've already booked the dates I want, but I really need someone to look at this and pinch me to see if I'm awake. I think this is an awesome deal, balcony or no. This is what I have found:

Suites Guys' Golf Getaway Package from 152 USD 632-768 sq. ft. / 59-71 m˛
Separate living area
Heavenly Bed & Bath
Available in all rooms in the hotel:

Additional Amenities
Suite Bedroom
Diplomat Suite Parlor

Corner Suite Parlor

Golf Location Suite

Club Suite Parlor

Dates Flexible? One-bedroom suite, non-smoking: King Bed, 632-712 sq. ft. / 59-66 m˛, Club floor suite, Evening hors d'oeuvres
Guys' Golf Getaway PackageNo penalty for changes/cancellations until 04/09/2013
No deposit required
Full Description
Guys' Golf Getaway PackageClosePlan the perfect golf weekend. Hit the course and spend the day perfecting your swing on our championship-managed course. Beer and Chips welcome amenity for two, $50 off round of golf (per room, per stay) and 4pm late checkout, based on availability
USD 152.00
Per Room / Night

***based on this description, can anyone tell if this is at the Beach Location or Golf Location? Can you tell if the suite will have a balcony? Why do they list all the names of the suites - I have no idea which one I'm booking. If anyone is familiar with these types of packages...what happens if you don't play golf? We don't care about foregoing the $50 off. And we're not "Guys", either. We just want this deal for $152 a night.

Is this as good a deal as I think it is? (I mean, HALF the price of the ROOMS for that time period)...we've been to the hotel before and loved it, this seems too good to be true.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Doesn't it say golf location right in what you've copied?

Call to be sure.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:41 am
Company Representative - Westin Diplomat Hollywood, FL

I'm looking to book a Club Level Suite, but it doesn't specifically say it is at the beach location (which I want).

Does the Golf Location even HAVE Club Level Suites? If they don't, can I assume it is the Beach Location? What are the chances there would be a balcony with this room...do any suites NOT have balconies?
Hi Eujeanie,

The club level suites are only located at the beach location but unfortunately not all of them have balconies, therefore it's not guarateed. Once the reservation is in we can put in the request and we'll do our best to accommodate it.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Have a great day!
Erick
Old Apr 18, 2012, 7:49 am

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
I had a pretty nasty stay here a few weeks ago. The hotel had zero upgrades available (fine, whatever) but gave me a handicapped room on a low level. When I asked about anything higher the front desk agent said "well, you should have gotten here earlier" (we arrived after midnight due to a long, delayed flight).

The room itself was nothing special and items were broken: hydraulic closer on the room door was broken (safety issue) and the safe was broken (security issue). Took the management 26 hours from initial repair requests for these issues to be resolved. The staff here were unhelpful and inefficient.

I was very unimpressed with this hotel. I stayed here because the positive treatment SPG Plat members supposedly receive. Certainly was not the case for me. Wasted vacation.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 8:13 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Hi Erick, I just hung up with Maja in reservations and she also confirmed everything you said...it is the Beach Location, and balconies on request. She also confirmed that we do NOT have to play golf (we just forego the $50 reduction).

This will be our second time at this property and I simply can't wait...we found not one fault with it, and it ranks among the nicest beach properties we've ever stayed.

If you like I can PM you our confirmation so you can double-check everything is in order, I'd really appreciate it.

This is a fantastic rate and I feel so fortunate I stumbled across it.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 8:17 am

Hello Minneapolis,

First off I'd like to apologize on behalf of everyone here at the Diplomat if we didn't meet your expectations. The service issues you hadduring during your stay are unacceptable and not to our standards at all. Again, I offer my sinecre apology.

We've implemented a new pricing strategy for our suites which has made has made them more accessible at lower rates. On top of that Starwood has the new Suite Night Rewards program which has added to the increase in suite bookings.

I hope that this does not keep you from giving us another opportunity.

Please feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,
Erick M.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 1:13 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
Originally Posted by DiplomaticErick

We've implemented a new pricing strategy for our suites which has made has made them more accessible at lower rates. On top of that Starwood has the new Suite Night Rewards program which has added to the increase in suite bookings.

I
So the inference from this is that it will now be extremely difficult to get a standard Platinum upgrade at the Diplomat?
Old Apr 18, 2012, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by Minneapolis
So the inference from this is that it will now be extremely difficult to get a standard Platinum upgrade at the Diplomat?
Minneapolis,
That is not the case at all, we will always try our best to upgrade our loyal Platinum customers if we can but we can't guarantee any upgrades until check in. However, with the roll out of Suite Night Rewards it will give Platinum members more power to guarantee suites prior to their arrival.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 4:04 pm

For what it's worth I took my family to this property last Thanksgiving to spend the holiday with some relatives coming down from New England. After striking out on a number of attempts to redeem a SPG Getaway Free Night award at other properties, I was able to modify a 4 night C&P stay to 3 nights C&P + Getaway Free shortly before the stay. I was happy with every aspect of the stay. If I was forced to find a complaint I guess it would be that the check-in process took awhile.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 6:16 pm

Programs: Lifetime Bonvoy Titanium
I just stayed there and I did not use the free suite upgrades I earned and I was still upgraded to a suite for the 3 nights I spent there. It didn't have a balcony but the room was huge and I spent most of the time by the pool and beach so it really didn't matter.
Old Apr 18, 2012, 10:30 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by DiplomaticErick
Minneapolis,
That is not the case at all, we will always try our best to upgrade our loyal Platinum customers if we can but we can't guarantee any upgrades until check in. However, with the roll out of Suite Night Rewards it will give Platinum members more power to guarantee suites prior to their arrival.
Just wanted to say, I stayed here on March 27 for two nights with my DH. I was concerned because I lost Platinum status this year because my job has me traveling to Little Rock, AR (which has NO Starwood options) and was therefore unable to make the appropriate night/stay requirement. I wasn't sure what to expect as a gold.
I was very surprised and pleased to be upgraded to a 2 room corner suite on the 17th floor overlooking the ocean. I must say, the view was fantastic and the room very nice.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Was very impressed with the service. I will be back again. More than likely, this summer with my 2 kids, but then again maybe I'll leave them at home!!

Last edited by syndney; Apr 19, 2012 at 3:55 am Reason: sp
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by syndney
Just wanted to say, I stayed here on March 27 for two nights with my DH. I was concerned because I lost Platinum status this year because my job has me traveling to Little Rock, AR (which has NO Starwood options) and was therefore unable to make the appropriate night/stay requirement. I wasn't sure what to expect as a gold.
I was very surprised and pleased to be upgraded to a 2 room corner suite on the 17th floor overlooking the ocean. I must say, the view was fantastic and the room very nice.
I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Was very impressed with the service. I will be back again. More than likely, this summer with my 2 kids, but then again maybe I'll leave them at home!!
Hello Syndney,

I've very glad you enjoyed the time you stayed with us. We look forward to having you visit us again soon... with or without the kids
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:11 am

Hi Erick, I just hung up with Maja in reservations and she also confirmed everything you said...it is the Beach Location, and balconies on request. She also confirmed that we do NOT have to play golf (we just forego the $50 reduction).

This will be our second time at this property and I simply can't wait...we found not one fault with it, and it ranks among the nicest beach properties we've ever stayed.

If you like I can PM you our confirmation so you can double-check everything is in order, I'd really appreciate it.

This is a fantastic rate and I feel so fortunate I stumbled across it.
Hi Eujeanie,

I'm sure Maja took care of the reservation but please feel free to PM me so that I can review it myself.

Regards,
Erick
Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:30 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, United Premierl Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
The best resort for platinums

Just completed my 50th stay at the Diplomat in the past 10 years. For those that have never stayed and are searching for information...

Out of all of the properties i have visited, this is by far the best for consistency in ensuring platinum benefits.

I am 50/50 for a suite upgrade at the property, always granted club access, which is the nicest club room I have ever seen (however food and drink offerings have deteriotrated through the years, but are still better than most hotels.). The club balconies with views of the intercoastal and the beach are amazing.

Almost always, I am granted a late checkout, even though its a resort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.